1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Swisstool x vs swisstool spirit x?

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by SuzukiGS750EZ, May 12, 2018.

1. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Loaded Pockets

Hey guys. I'm looking to buy another multitool. I currently own a leatherman charge tti, a swisstool and a leatherman supertool 300. I bought my swisstool first and have owned it maybe 12 years. The 300 I have owned maybe 8 and the tti maybe 2. I carry the tti the most right now. I use the plain edge the most. I never use the serrated blade, even for rope. I keep my knives plenty sharp. I use the pliers the most next. Scissors occasionally. Phillips head and once in a while the eyeglasses driver. I can't decide between the swisstool x or the spirit x. I don't mind the weight but a lighter tool would be nice. Does the spirit have a thinner Phillips that will fit into kids toys easier than the swisstool? How rigid is the saw? I feel like I may miss the one hand blade opening from the tti but I've always loved my swisstool. Just wish it had needlenose pliers. I do a lot of automotive work, fishing, electrical. Any ideas to help me choose? I want scissors either way.

2. SuzukiGS750EZ

3. EZDog

EZDog EDC Junkie!!!!!

I don't remember even using my Swisstool since getting the Spirit X if that tells you anything?
    I carry mine along with the Leatherman Bit Adapter & Bits and this lets me work many screws by slipping the adapter onto the Spirit Phillips driver,works well too.
    Also the small straight driver on the Spirit works surprisingly well for smaller things that I need a lot.

Also have not carried any Leatherman for the same reason tough I do have several of them still I think I even prefer the older Gerbers that I have to the Leatherman in general.

I have been carrying the Gerber Centerdrive though for the last 2 months or so on and off with the Spirit and have to say that it is GREAT for what it offers but sadly it does not offer the breadth of tools that the Spirit does and is somewhat more bulky or less streamlined too.
    The Centerdrive Pliers though are really good compared to anything else for me as they are both more Needlenose than most and are spring loaded while still being beastly as needed!
    The Centerdrive Driver is the whole reason for the tool and there simply is just nothing else that can compare to it on a MT that I have seen and if it works for your needs then there is no real alternative aside from carrying an interchangeable bit screwdriver?
    On the other hand the driver is not really thin and there is no small straight or thinner phillips driver on the Centerdrive and these are blades that I do need every day so......

I don't really use the knife in a MT either as I always carry a knife too and I have no idea what you are asking about the Kids toys and the screws on them?

I would sure choose the Spirit if it were for me but take a look at the Centerdrive too it really is something a little different and not just a gimmick either.

4. benlg

benlg Loaded Pockets

I had both and the bigger Swisstool just feels clunky compared to Spirit. I also had the Leathermans - Wave, Charge AL, TTi and some others. My favs are the Spirit and Wave, both design and in use.

5. SuzukiGS750EZ