1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

SwissTool Spirit "S"

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by felinevet, Apr 18, 2006.

1. felinevet

felinevet Empty Pockets

One of the things that some have complained about with the Victorinox Spirit was the lack of a regular, non serrated blade. Well, complain no longer. Vic has introduced the Spirit "S" which trades the scissors for a regular blade (yeah, I know, some will now want the scissors too, sorry).

[​IMG]

2. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

how big is that?

it looks fairly small in the photo

3. pipedreams

pipedreams Loaded Pockets

I can't wait until it's available!

todd

4. felinevet

felinevet Empty Pockets

4 3/16" long and 5 3/4 ounces.

5. Pydpiper

Pydpiper Empty Pockets

Same basic size as most multi tools, only in this case they suplimented the scissors for a pointed blade.. I just don't get it..
    The Spirit is just an awesome tool, I don't see the need for two blades..

6. felinevet

felinevet Empty Pockets

The Spirit is my EDC and I don't miss the regular blade but lots of people didn't like 1) the serrations and 2) the blunt end (or more specifically, the absence of a pointed blade). Why they dropped the scissors I have no idea. Too bad.

7. Brangdon

Brangdon Loaded Pockets

I don't have one, but I quite like the look of the blade. The serrations are near the tip, where they belong, so you can use the straight part near the handle for precision work.

8. colubrid

colubrid Loaded Pockets

Persoanally I have never had the use for the scissors. I prefer the new version and will buy one now that they eli9minated the scissors..

Whenever I look at multitools I look for the ones w/o the scissors and can opener (unless the can opener is by Vic) most of the other brands of can openers do not work very well. The leatherman and Sog can openers are for naught.

9. dajak

dajak Empty Pockets

That one looks good, the scissors on the Spirit are not really that good as on the pocketknives.
    You cant open them up so you have very small opening to cut with.
    But I think that the scissors are of more valeu than an extra blade.

The strange blade on the spirit is a great excuse to carry another large one blade locking folder O0

10. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

The Spirit family are great tools , my only kick against them is that the handle is very slick . Some day I will beadblast mine .

Chris

11. trinity

trinity Empty Pockets

i THINK THAT ANY MULTITOOL SHOULD AT LEAST HAVE A SCISSORS...
    I HAD A SWISSTOOL...UPGRADED TO THE VIC SPIRIT ONLY BECAUSE OF THE SCISSORS...THEN UPGRADED TO THE SWISSTOOL X (BECAUSE OF THE SCISSORS)

HEY THE SPIRIT IS GREAT...THAT SWISSTOOL X IS EVEN BETTER! A SCISSORS IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST...OUT OF ALL THE THINGS YOU WOULD REALLY NEED ,IS A SCISSORS...AND THAT IS ONE ITEM YOU CANNOT MAKE!

AN OPINION FROM ONE WHO CARRIED BOTH!

TRINITY

12. pipedreams

I've been waiting to but the "S" specifically because it doesn't have scissors.

todd

13. trinity

trinity Empty Pockets

HEY TODD...EXPLAIN...?

14. pipedreams

The tasks I use a multi to accomplish don't require scissors. I just don't see the need.

todd

15. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

I buy multitools usually on the basis if they have scissors or not.  I use scissors all the time but I've heard many people who say they never use them.  To each his own, I suppose.  I'd hate to be a modern-day manufacturer trying to please all of us multi-tool/knife/light/etc. nuts!  Just can't be done, unless someone develops a modular multi-tool and allows you to customize it via a web interface and then place your order right then and there!   ;)  ;D Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller...

16. parnass

parnass Loaded Pockets

It is difficult to find a single multitool containing the best pliers and best scissors and best knife, etc.

I like to rotate among various mid-sized and larger plier multitools. Some of them either lack scissors or their scissors are mediocre. I don't want my choice of multitools to be dictated by the quality of either the scissors or knife blade. That's why I have been carrying a separate knife and a separate scissors tool, usually a Letherman Micra or a (discontinued) Schrade Tough Chip.

17. pipedreams

My "S" is on the way! WooHoo! O0

todd

18. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

Since I always carry a real knife , I'm quite happy with the spirit . I save the serrated blade on the spirit for the dirty jobs .

Chris

19. Yooper

Yooper Loaded Pockets

I already carry a knife. I want scissors and pliers on my multitool. I'd love to find a really small one with scissors and pliers both. The old S was close...