1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Swisstool carry

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by xxecatxx, Oct 5, 2009.

1. xxecatxx

xxecatxx Empty Pockets

anyone have any ideas on how to carry a swisstool? i don't really like the sheath that comes with it, and it's much too heavy for my pocket.
    thanks!

2. Foskey

Foskey Loaded Pockets

I don't really care for it on the belt myself. I will carry it in my back pocket next to my wallet or flashlight. The Swiss Tool was priceless in a rural area I lived in prior to living in the big city. However, now I find it to heavy and cumbersome for most urban daily tasks. Dependent on dress of course. I am looking for a smaller lighter replacement and will just keep the swiss tool in the car when I figure out what works for me. It is a fantastic tool and I hate to set it aside. But, I have to find what works best in this case unfortunately.

3. jujigatame

jujigatame Loaded Pockets

Are you looking to be rid of a sheath altogether, or would you be willing to get something in the aftermarket that'd be more to your liking?

4. max6166

max6166 Loaded Pockets

The SwissTool is definitely a heavy beast.

There are a few alternate sheaths available if you google around, as well as some generic ones that should fit a ST.

I have no personal experience with any of them though. Instead, I just grabbed a Spirit. ;D

5. grimm_kaosboy

grimm_kaosboy Empty Pockets

I carried one for years in the nylon sheath it came in. No complaints, I rather liked it. When I got the version with the scissors (swisstool-x I believe) I upgraded and got one of the nylon pouches with the bit kit and wrench. As a pouch its alright, but I hate the velcro and it doesn't want to stay shut for nothing. Luckily the lid is stiff, adding to that I don't PLAN on hanging upside down anytime soon...
    Give me the old nylon pouch with the snap anyday. If you are looking for a belt sheath its hard to beat.

6. Paracord Junky

Paracord Junky Loaded Pockets

how about nite ize pockits? i edc the Clip Pock-Its XL and it's very comfortable.

7. leatherman123

leatherman123 BST/Marketplace ban

How about a Victorinox Spirit? Probably the best ounce for ounce urban EDC tool out there.

There are a myriad of other sheaths you can use! You could pick up a Leatherman SURGE nylon or leather sheath that has nylon elastic pockets to store accessories, buy a magazine pouch, or have a nice kydex sheath made for it!

8. SpacemanSpiff23

SpacemanSpiff23 Loaded Pockets

I keep mine in the outside pocket of my Maxped M-2. Right next to my flashlight. It probably accounts for more than half the weight of my M-2, but I would be at a loss if it wasn't there.

9. jonesy

jonesy Empty Pockets

Got any kydex sheath makers out there to recommend? I have a Swisstool as well, but hate the sheath. Ideally, an Inside WaistBand kydex sheath, would be awesome. I contacted Comp-Tac, but they were too busy to make me one. :-(

10. xxecatxx

xxecatxx Empty Pockets

I'd rather be rid of the sheath altogether. is there any good way to suspend it in my pocket?

11. jonesy

jonesy Empty Pockets

Ideally, I would prefer a pocket clip on it, has anyone come up with a way to mount one? I wish more companies would offer them as an option.

12. leatherman123

leatherman123 BST/Marketplace ban

13. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

I carry my Swisstool RS in a Blackhawk mag pouch , usually in the horizontal mode .

Chris