1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Surefire: which end caps?

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by breakingcontact, Mar 22, 2015.

1. breakingcontact

breakingcontact Loaded Pockets

I have a Surefire EB1 Backup and Surefire E2D Defender.

They both have similar push button switches.

Light press for high, press firm it clicks on high.

Light press twice quickly for low, press firm it clicks on low.

I am interested in putting a different tail cap on these lights. I see the EB1 will be harder to source a cap for. Essentially, I want each light to be more of a tactical light and not have to mess with the low setting. I want light press for high, press firm clicks on high and that's it. Or light press for high, twist to lock on....or (I don't know who makes this one) light press low, medium press high, firm press clicks on high.

I've found a couple of caps that will work with the E2D Defender, but my question is, will these remove the low functional all together?

What is a good place online to find parts?

2. Flash Owl

Flash Owl Loaded Pockets

changing the tail switch isnt going to change anything. the electronics in the head is set for 2 modes.
    you want a high mode only it seems. few ways to accomplish this.
    change the head, a couple of options comes to mind. get a malkoff VME bezel, and malkoff dropin.
    get a EB2-T or EB1-T head somehow. those are actually 2-mode momentary, but if used with a clicky switch will be high mode only.
    there are lots of E-series head that can work as well, such as a LX2 head, or L1 head. some heads of weapon lights can work too as those are usually single mode.