1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Surefire U2 or Night Ops Gladius.............

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by GnR, Dec 1, 2006.

1. GnR

GnR Empty Pockets

I'm thinking of getting either one. I've read reviews on both and they seem pretty close feature wise.

Of course any and all comments and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

My current line-up:
    Surefire L4 & E1L
    Fenix L1T, LOP SE, P1
    Peak Caribbean

:cheers:
    GnR

2. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

I have both, and I am not sure which one I like best. They both have their strengths and weaknesses, inherent to what their design purpose is. The Gladius was specifically designed to be used in conjunction with a firearm/in true tactical situations; the U2 is more of "utility" light. Keeping that in mind, and what you are going to use these lights for, may help you make a choice.

I typically ask people when they are looking for a light: "what is your intended purpose?" For these lights, beam considerations (throw vs. flood), option of using rechargeable li-ion (U2 only), how the levels operate (personal preference), will the strobe ever be useful (if so, Gladius), ease of carry (Gladius absolutely needs a holster) are the first things that come to mind I would consider before buying one or the other.

Hope that helps.

3. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Loaded Pockets

That's a tough one, but this might help: LA Police Gear currently have the Gladius on sale for $160, including the dedicated holster. Black only though...

:santa:

4. benchmade_boy

benchmade_boy Empty Pockets

i would go with hte u2 a great light i am kida sad know i traded it but oh well

5. destroythealter

destroythealter Empty Pockets

Surefire U2 all the way. The Night Ops Gladius is great light and it's hard to beat but if anything can it's the U2. This is because IMO it's slightly easier to use and a little brighter.

6. knightrider

knightrider Empty Pockets

I only have some SFs and don't have a Gladius - but I would want to know about durability and warranty differences. Both look like nice lights but I would probably get the U2... unless it's for some hardcore defensive stuff or dangerous areas, etc. because the Gladius seems more at home in that setting. Let us know what you decide on.

7. mikeymoto

mikeymoto Loaded Pockets

I have 2 U2s that can take 18650s, and they rock. I really like LuxVs and the U2 is one of my favorites. Easily my favorite in the 2x123 size. I do not have a Gladius though, but I don't think I ever will want one either. The U2 is that good.

8. DragonRider

DragonRider Loaded Pockets

I went with the Gladius. Before it I carried the L4 and the Gladuis really cut down my battery usage due to the abliity to dim the light to what I need.
    I EDC it in my left front pocket every day in slacks as a school teacher.

I really recommend that you try them both if given the chance.

John

9. depusm12

depusm12 Empty Pockets

I have the Gladius and use it often both at work I'm a LEO and at home. I run mine on rechargable 3.0 volt Lithium-Ion CR123's. Works fanstatic and I use it quite alot.

10. CSG

CSG Loaded Pockets

Old thread but just want to say I still have my Night-Ops Gladius after 14 years and it's still my nightstand flashlight. Built like a beast and, even today, acceptable performance and runtime.

twin63 likes this.