1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Surefire raises prices!!!!!

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Nickortizzle1035, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

so I was just browsing the internets and decided to check out surefires website. i alomst fainted when i notice they have raised almost all of their prices on their LED flashlights. the E2D LED went up almost $30!!!! i have been dreading this day for quite a while now. i never thought it would happen...

2. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

I'll count my blessings. I bought my E2DL right before the price hike! I didn't want to believe the rumors but I wasn't taking any chances.

3. Sniperx7

Sniperx7 Loaded Pockets

It's a shame. I take pride in our American companies but it's getting kind of ridiculous.

4. MartinDWhite

MartinDWhite Loaded Pockets

The problem is with the price of raw materials raising. Last quote I got for material was stated as only good for 72 hours because material costs were going up so fast.

5. Simsmac0o

Simsmac0o Loaded Pockets

Wow, their cheapest flashlight is $90. Those prices aren't really conducive to general consumers. I like their designs and many of their models, but the only thing that has kept me from buying a SureFire is price. Pretty disappointing. :( I guess I'll be sticking to 4Sevens for the time being.

6. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Bought gas lately? Everyhing is going up, this is not surprising!

7. Cervantes

Cervantes Loaded Pockets

All raw materials are going up. It will get much worse. Plan now, stock up on things taken for granted now. It's this communities strength, preparing for the worst.

8. Mr Hahn

Mr Hahn Loaded Pockets

WOW, the A2L is now listed at over $300 each... and I just scored 2 brand new current models in the box for $125 each!

9. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

???

It's actually happened at least two previous times. Sometimes SureFire will wait 5 years before jacking up prices. But no guarantees. I'm thankful to have been able to buy every single SureFire model I was interested in, more than awhile back. I'm set. Their new "slippery" models don't appeal to me.

Also, no reason to pay retail on older SF models. Just visit the Candle Power Forums MarketPlace, make a WTB topic, and wait a bit. You should get a response in no time. Then again, you could do the same thing here on EDCF. But yeah, SureFire jacking up prices with zero improvements or upgrades to their lights is nothing new, unfortunately.

10. Nickortizzle1035

i understand marking them up a few bucks, but most of the increases are pretty big. it looks like some of the larger LEDs have gone up almost $100

11. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

The only thing we can do if we're not willing to pay that much is to buy something else! If sales fall far enough who knows. Its too bad but there are lots of brands out there.

12. defuse kit

defuse kit Loaded Pockets

I got my E2DL the day before they raised the prices. I'm pretty happy =)

13. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I need to finish the soap box thread.

I think I can make them look a little less evil.

There are some counter intuitive things that require a lot of ground work to explain.

Sometimes the things that looks bad isn't and the things that looks good isn't and sometimes we hurt ourselves in the end without realizing it.

14. Sharpdogs

Sharpdogs Uber Prepared

Everything is skyrocketing in price. Try going to the supermarket. Sticker shock and "new packaging" will make you sick.

15. Tradecraft

Tradecraft Banned

If you work in law enforcement Surefire will give you a 25% discount on their products.

16. tltb26

tltb26 Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and placed an order with an online retailer (recommended here & another forum) that was selling the SF 6px tactical at original price. I had planned to make this purchase in another month or two but I figure if I wait until then this particular model as per SF website will go up ~$46 (prior to price hike, I believe it was $69 on their website).

17. Boy SureFire

Boy SureFire May The Bridges I Burn Light The Way

Did you watch/visit The Shot Show? SF also has R&D going in a lot of different areas, so I'd say part of the increase is do to the cost of their many other divisions of R&D. Regardless of what innovations SF may have added to the 6P, I love my SF's, but I don't foresee paying $85 (I payed $65 in 2006) for the updated run of SF 6P incan's.

http://www.surefire.com/products
    SF currently does:
    -Flashlights
    -Headlamps
    -Helmet lights
    -Weapon lights
    -Weapon sights
    -Muzzle Brakes and Flash Hiders
    -Hearing Protectors
    -Sound suppressors
    -Weapon Forends
    -Hi-Cap mags
    -Pens
    -Knives

18. shrap

shrap Loaded Pockets

Let's put things into perspective - SureFire has never targeted normal consumers. If you were considering paying $65 for a flashlight in the first place, you're a flashaholic. They have always claimed their main customer base was military/tactical.

19. Nickortizzle1035

i'll still buy their stuff, but i was just astonished at the % of the increase. i understand companies have to raise their prices due to increased costs in raw materials, but some of the lights are jumping 25%... thats a huge jump. i was looking forward to picking up a few of their new LEDs, but i don't know if thats going to happen now. if any of you guys work at retail stores checkout www.3point5.com. its a website where people who work for retail chains can get very nice discounts on select brands/ products. I've been using that website for years. its the greatest thing EVER, for retailers. if any of you have questions about how it works PM me and i'll be glad to help you out.

20. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

25% is nothing. During the last price-hike, some products went up by 65%.