1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

surefire LED mod questions

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by jsmith008, Aug 4, 2008.

1. jsmith008

jsmith008 Loaded Pockets

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but are there any LED mods for the surefire E series, I know the new ones are all LED, but I have several older models (E1E, E2D, E2E) and am looking to upgrade the lamps...I would even be interested in more powerful conventional bulbs as well. Thanks

2. flip

flip Empty Pockets

Lumens Factory has high output bulbs for primary and rechargeable batteries. Surefire has replacement LED heads and they make a higher output bulb (MN03) for the E2E . Optics HQ also makes replacement LED heds for the E series lights. TNC makes an E2C adapter that lets you use the larger C series head (6p) on an E series body. There are a couple of guys on another forum that are/were making a drop in LED for the stock E series head. It looks interesting but I have no experience with it.

I have purchased a couple of the older Surefire KL1 LED heads that I have put on E1E and E2E lights. Though they aren't rated for many lumens, they have a very concentrated beam that throws very well.

I also have a Surefire P60L LED drop in a 6p head mounted on an E2D with the TNC E2C adapter. I like how that one fits my hand.

Yesterday, I bought an Optics HQ LED head from a guy on another forum. These are a little larger than the factory E series head. They are rated at 20/140 lumens. I can't wait to try it out.

I bought 3 of the Surefire MN03 bulbs recently. They do put out a good bit of light. I prefer the white light from an LED so I really haven't used them much. Actually, I put one bulb in, tried it a few times and then put the light up.

3. greenLED

greenLED Empty Pockets

The only real LED drop-in replacement (in the sense that it replaces just the lamp) for the e-series is made by koala over at CPF.