1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Surefire Holster and Key holder

Discussion in 'Other Carrying Devices' started by Rukus, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Rukus

Rukus Empty Pockets

New to the forums and looking to see if anyone knows of or could recommend a product that would fit the bill. I'm looking for some sort of holster for my surefire 6p with some sort of attachment point for a key ring.

I like the ConcealCo leather holsters, but there is no way to hang my keys on it as well. Does anyone know if such an item exists? TIA

2. indigo_wolf

indigo_wolf AKA Breezy

Is there any particular reason why you are trying to combine those two functions?

I suspect that depending on how it was arranged and how many keys you had, the keys would be constantly getting in the way or abrading the sheath.

A police style key ring holder for the belt (with or without a pants protection panel) would seem like an easier solution.

If you absolutely had to, had to do it, I suspect you could work something with the Maxpedition 5" inch Flashlight holster as the belt loop portion is very, very stout.

ATB,
    Sam

3. Rukus

Rukus Empty Pockets

No reason in particular that I wanted to combine the two. I just thought it might be nice to find something like the concealco that has a second snap loop similar to the belt loop on the front so I could snap my keyring onto it.

My keyring is rather slim, I only keep 4 keys and a lanyard on it so its light weight. I prefer to keep my pockets open to house stuff that I'd rather not show off, knives, phones etc.

4. hardcider75

hardcider75 Loaded Pockets

I own a Surefire 6P that I used to EDC 24/7. However, the size of it turned me off so now I only carry it when I go out after dark or of I know I'm gonna be out after dark. I tried a few belt pouches but I just couldnt get used to having it on my belt. My solution was to purchase a pocket clip for it from Lighthound like the one seen here:

http://www.lighthound.com/NovaTac-EDC-Flat-Pocket-Clip_p_1318.html

The clip does have a small hole in it that might accommodate point of attachment for a keyring. But it's not really a holster like you were looking for. Oh, and you need to add a couple of 5/8" O-rings for a snug fit.

My next suggestion would be a Folger-Adams key box w/ key holder; shown below:

http://www.qmuniforms.com/Product/lawpro-folger-adams-key-box-w-key-clip-bsktwve/S69+236/100211304

But I'm not sure if a 6P will fit.

I hope this helped.

5. Rukus

Rukus Empty Pockets

Much thanks Hardcider, the key box is very close to what I'm looking for.