1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Surefire Earpro (EP3 and EP6)

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by echo63, May 13, 2010.

1. FryerJF

FryerJF Loaded Pockets

I've been considering getting a pair for shooting at my Conservation Club for a while now. Your review and the other plus ones have pretty much sealed the deal for me. Thanks!

2. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

Another bit to Add about these.
    Yesterday i was at the "Australian Festival of Speed" at the local track.
    the the Earpro were comfortable enough to wear all day, and blocked a lot of the noise of a V10 F1 car screaming past a few metres away, while still letting me hear the scream of the Engine (what an awesome noise)

The little container that the Earpro comes in fell apart after about 3 months of pocket carry, i suppose it is meant to be put in a range bag though, and not EDCed.
    I now have mine in a little Nalgene screwtop jar instead

A great investment if you are regularly near loud noises (shooting, concerts, motorsports, construction etc)

3. jlomein

jlomein Loaded Pockets

Just received the EP4, which is the three flange version of the EP3. i find the flanges to be quite small, much smaller than an Etymotic plug. I'll have to do some testing to see if I'm actually getting a proper seal with these EP4's.

4. jproctor

jproctor Loaded Pockets

I've used them for the last few trips to shoot. They work great and are very comfortable.

5. mus4shi

mus4shi Empty Pockets

i have 3 sets of EP4s. one on my chest rig at work on standby, 1 in my EDC and last one back up at home.

they are quite comfortable and fit in my ears nicely. it block out the loud noise while still enable me to hear firing commands from my team mates clearly.

sadly i have not tried out the EP3 and EP6