1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Surefire e2dl

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by jono12, Mar 13, 2011.

1. jono12

jono12 Loaded Pockets

What do you think about the e2d led?
    great light? or over the top?

2. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Loaded Pockets

Nice light, well built and a warranty worth every penny that comes with it, if your using it in extreme conditions. Up my way they sell for about $165. That's 3 Olight T20's with spare batteries or an Olight T10, Jetbeam III M R5, charger and spare batteries. For me there are other options out there for the price.

3. DrChimRichalds
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

DrChimRichalds Loaded Pockets

Just picked one up and is my current EDC light. Fantastic light. I found one on ebay BNIB for $135 shipped. I've admired my buddy's E2D for a long time and it definitely has my stamp of approval now that I finally own one. It's also a self defense tool should you ever find yourself in a shady situation.

4. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

Definitely a great light Mine EDC's along with my FirstlightUSA Tomahawk and when needed My SF M3LT. the E2DL is a pocket searchlight and a stop people dead in their tracks light

5. rckshrk

rckshrk Loaded Pockets

E2DL is a great light. I love mine but now that I've had it for a while I wish I had gone with something like the LX2 instead. Compared to the E2DL, the LX2 is the same size, a touch heavier with similar performance but without the aggressive look and feel... which in my opinion detracts very little from LX2's usefulness as defensive tool but adds a whole lot when it comes to comfort of carry and ability to fly under the radar (i.e. "people" friendly).

6. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

I've had mine for about 2 years. I don't leave home without it. I'm my opinion this light is almost perfect. All it needs is a strobe. The crenellated bezel is a nice emergency weapon too. Surefire lights in general are bullet proof and so is surefire's warranty. I've actually contemplated picking up a second one, mine is pretty beat up, because I'm so impressed with mine.

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

Love my E2DL. Originally got an RA / HDS Clicky to replace it for EDC and general use, but I just couldn't part with it. It is an excellent light!

[​IMG]

8. Harry999

Harry999 Loaded Pockets

I too switched to HDS lights for a while but came back to the Surefire E2DL. I have two of the older models and at the end of this month will receive two of the latest 200 lumen version as a Birthday present to myself.

It is a great light for tactical and general use.

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk

9. Mike 208

Mike 208 Loaded Pockets

I have one of the first E2DLs released (it is not a 2-stage light, only has the "high" setting), and I really like the light (top quality construction and beam). My only complaint is (IMO) that the light needs to be carried in a holster or jacket pocket, not clipped to a pocket; The crenellated bezel and tailcap will tear up pockets, and can be painfull. This is why I usually carry the E2L (2007 model with [IIRC] 45 lumen output) instead of the E2DL.

10. Nickortizzle1035

Nickortizzle1035 Loaded Pockets

picture of the arm of my love seat courtesy of the E2D LED...

[​IMG]

11. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Yep - which is why I stick to an E2L two-stage. I almost never have a 200-lumen tac light as part of my EDC; if the spending bug gets me again, I might have to change that.

-Trevor

12. Harry999

Harry999 Loaded Pockets

I only ever carry my E2DL in jogging bottoms worn around the house. Outside I carry it concealed in a neck wallet with a F04 beamshaper on the head (of the light).

Sent from my smart phone using Tapatalk

13. ssmtbracer

ssmtbracer EDC Junkie!!!!!

People friendly flashlight gimmie a break its a flashlight. Most people would not even notice the strike bezel. If they did then its a flashlight.

14. sjmack

sjmack Loaded Pockets

I love mine. I don't carry it every day, but it is one hell of a light. Out of the 8 lights I have, it's the one I keep going back to.

15. jackthedog

jackthedog Loaded Pockets

I just recently got one. It's a very nice light, ridiculously bright and extremely well made. It was my first "real" Surefire and it was definitely worth it.

16. mus4shi

mus4shi Empty Pockets

i have both the E2D and E1B which compliment one another really great, depending where going or doing, sometime i carry either one or just both! great workmanship and material!!

17. Lemmez

Lemmez Loaded Pockets

My e2dl has been dropped many times (check out the battle scars)

This is my edc light, which I carry in my sikta. I own a food retail business and I'm constantly using this torch for everything from finding leaks in my building, to shooing away skateboarding kids.

This was my first surefire and won't be my last.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. old dirt

old dirt Empty Pockets

I'm also planning to get an e2d led to accompany me in my trail runs. Just have bought a brand new old (maybe) model e2d incan (60lumens) but i'm having problems with the tail cap switch (sometimes won't hold on permanent-on position and no click) after only 4 weeks of below normal usage ( great battery appetite). Does the e2d LED Defender switch have the same construction with the unreliable e2d executive Defender tail switch?

19. Grizzlybear

Grizzlybear Loaded Pockets

Surefire are not known for unreliable products. Contact Surefire and your sure to be helped.

20. edsea

edsea Loaded Pockets

Looks cool, but too pricey in my opinion.