1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Surefire E1B Question

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by bamboozler, Feb 3, 2008.

1. bamboozler

bamboozler Empty Pockets

Has anyone had a surefire E1B in their hand? I am curious of the first impressions.

2. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

They haven't shipped to dealers yet, so I wouldn't expect to see any in the user's hands. Wait about two weeks, then the reviews should start popping up.

3. Safety1st

Safety1st Loaded Pockets

yeah...i've very interested... :roof:

Hope anyone who gets one can report back on here...
    :woohoo:

4. tvodrd

tvodrd Empty Pockets

I made a post on it here. I hope my memory wasn't defective.

Larry

5. bamboozler

bamboozler Empty Pockets

I placed my order today with BatteryJunction. They are expecting their order in the next 3 to 4 days. I opted for 2 day shipping so I should have mine some time next week. :woohoo:

6. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I wish to know what specific advantages, if any, this unit has over the Novatac product other than the iconic name. I have posted my satisfaction from the use of the Novatac 120T in another thread.

Is the E1B just the flashlight of the week?

7. bigfoot

bigfoot Loaded Pockets

From reading over on CPF it sounds as if it has a 5 lumen low mode (37 hours) and a 80 (1.3 hours) lumen high mode. So that's only 2 modes where the Novatac 120T has three modes. The E1B looks to use an optic for a more focused beam where the 120T uses a reflector for a more floody beam.

8. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

From what I've read so far the E1B is not compatible with rechargeable batteries and so I cannot bring myself to buy one: I can't be burning through primary cells every 1.3 hours :mad: I'd like to get a Novatac but I need a bezel up clip :mad: I don't know what to do :mad: Oh yeah, um... :mad:

9. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Two way clip, different beam pattern and switch operation (personal preferences) and it's about $50 cheaper.

10. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I wanted a dual mode, 1-CR123 flashlight for EDC. I waded through the many repetitive post at CPF including some psuedo-tirades by the inventor. I saved for several months in order to purchase the Novatac 120T last year before making the purchase after Thanksgiving.

The Surefire E1B appears, at first glance to be what I was looking for, but it seems that, to me, it does not do anything that my Novatac is not.

If the E1B's beam is similar to the E2L, then I'll stay with the 120T. The Novatac's beam is much like the reflectored output of my McGizmo Aleph 2; another plus. The E1B's dual-mode clip is better than the E2L's but I don't like or use clips on flashlights so that is another minus for me. The switch has a momentary for high mode just like the 120T's.

The retail price is $40 less than the 120Ts, but I like the 120T's output. :p

Looks like the E1B is just another flashlight of the week for me.