1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Surefire E1B, First thoughts and mini review...

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Co_Outdoorsman, Mar 7, 2008.

1. curlyfry562

curlyfry562 Loaded Pockets

I was going back and forth between the E2DL and E1B. So, I decided to get both, The E1B this week and E2DL next week. :woohoo:

2. peacefuljeffrey

I have been struggling to understand how this works, and I still struggle.

Does the clickie tailcap feel like that of the E1L Outdoorsman?
    Am I correct that if you press without clicking all the way, you get momentary-on at full bright, and would be able to signal with Morse Code?
    If you want momentary-on LOW, do you first have to get a blast of HIGH? (with that 2-second thing you described...)

Thanks for the review and info. I have to consider this light. And is there a belt sheath available for it? I prefer kydex, but would accept nylon if it were for sure made specifically to accommodate this model.

3. Co_Outdoorsman

Co_Outdoorsman Loaded Pockets

Please ask all the questions you want... I love this light and think it needs to be carried and its virtues expounded upon...

4. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

I love my E1B backup. It really is a handy little light. Plus, mine throws like a laser ! :)

5. sak_collector

sak_collector Empty Pockets

I could npot stand it anymore. I wasnt sure how I would like the smooth body since I am so used to my other SF's, but my wife picked me up an E1B yesterday amd I gotta say I LOVE IT!!! This is a fantastic little light.

The newest little member of my SF family is on the left
    [img width=640 height=460]http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e47/sak_collector/my%20photos/sf-family2.jpg[/img]

6. bltkmt

bltkmt Loaded Pockets

I hope you realize how truly blessed you are...my wife would not even think of doing that!

7. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

That's a schweet looking Surefire collection ! O0

8. curlyfry562

curlyfry562 Loaded Pockets

It is like the iPod shuffle, the best feature is the clip. I know, i know the throw is amazing too, I love this light :)

9. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

I just bought the E1B from lapolicegear with 10 free batteries AND free shipping. As far as the wife... she said it was okay to buy it. :help:

10. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

I passed on this latest incarnation of the single-CR123 flashlight by Surefire since it does not do anything more than my Novatac 120T. My choice notwithstanding, this product remains a testament to Surefire's dedication to build quality still outstanding in a sea fledging competition.

11. subrosa

subrosa Loaded Pockets

I had this light for about 2-3months. It is an awesome light, however there are a couple of things that bugged me and caused me to end up losing the light. I think the first super bright setting is great for LEO however I always found myself going to the second setting almost every time. The second thing, and the cause of which I am still peeved about, it fell out of my pocket at a bar, never to be seen again....I can only guess this was due to how smooth it was...just kind of slipped out. Once I get some more cash I think I will go ahead and get the E1L instead.

12. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Subrosa, the E1L sounds like a better choice for you anyway. The low level comes on first, and the light is grippier for sure.

13. isneyk

isneyk Empty Pockets

my exact same thoughts! you greedy you :idiot2:

14. isneyk

isneyk Empty Pockets

lucky is the one who found your E1B, sorry to hear that mate.

15. WolfAmmoMan

WolfAmmoMan Banned

You have a very cool wife ! :)

16. subrosa

subrosa Loaded Pockets

Haha, bright side is that maybe they have more a use for it then I do. I am adding "needs to stay in pocket after bender" to my list of EDC flashlight requirements. I also noticed that REI started carrying the E1L behind the "knives" counter for 99 bucks to boot!

17. El Verbo

El Verbo Empty Pockets

"FWOOSH!"That's what the light's like when it leaves the E1B. I just got mine and it rocks.

Will post pics of this and my other EDC's that I picked up in the week.