1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Surefire batteries

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by bjjprepared, Jan 4, 2010.

1. bjjprepared

bjjprepared Loaded Pockets

Can I keep a surefire battery in a ziploc bag folded up in my pocket without problems?

2. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

3. SF1

SF1 Banned

4. foxtrot29

foxtrot29 Empty Pockets

Hell, if nothing else metal is going in that pocket, I'd go as far as to say as you could keep it loose without the bag if you wanted to. I just wouldn't store it loose in your pocket with keys or something that could short it.

5. antzgarcia@live.com

antzgarcia@live.com Loaded Pockets

Yeah A battery is a battery unless you have it there for years with out changing it you are good. :luck:

6. SF1

SF1 Banned

If you get some Gaffer's tape and put a small amount of it on the ends, that will work, and keep the contact area clean. Use just a little, gaffer tape doen not leave anything behing, but it can after some time passes, or gets real hot.

It will work for you.

Get it at a camera store, if there are any left, or a film expendable supply store. best part is you can choose from tons of colors. Do not use Electrical tape, that Won't last a day, and Duct tape gets gooey.

7. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I just carry a CR123 loose in my pocket. I don't know if I'd recommend it but my pants haven't caught fire yet for the past 5 years.

8. necrodamus

necrodamus Empty Pockets

Use a tube vault, you can carry two or three, water proof, short proof...

9. Joe Talmadge

Joe Talmadge Loaded Pockets

Fine as long as you don't absentmindedly toss in some change or whatever. Would hate to have a high temperature event so close to the goods, as it were.

10. copierguy_mobile

copierguy_mobile Loaded Pockets

I'm sure that somebody has mentioned these in another thread but THIS a good way to carry a single cell on a lanyard or keychain and it protects the terminal on one end so it can't short.

-Greg

11. Narcosynthesis

Narcosynthesis Loaded Pockets

I carry a spare AAA battery in a small ziploc bag that stays in my EDC wallet.

I figure that the bag stops any chance of the battery getting wet should I end up soggy, and stops short circuits as there are other metal pieces in the wallet that may shift slightly.

Seems to have worked so far, though I wouldn't mind a more hardy system if I could get it for the same size...