1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

SureFire 2211 Wrist Light.

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Kraid, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Kraid

Kraid Loaded Pockets

Hey, guys! I was asked for a review on my new 2211, so I got a video recorded. I know this light gets alot of bashing (for understandable reasons) I think that it can be useful in the right situations. :)

[​IMG]

Jedigreedo, Welfare, bigfoot and 2 others like this.
  2. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Thanks for the review. I was thinking the same thing as your friend. I can't imagine that the lit area would be where I want.

Neat idea, but I'll stick with my ZebraLight:)

Jedigreedo and Kraid like this.
  3. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

[​IMG]

Neat idea, but the practical application is lacking.

Jedigreedo, hal_chase, Blerv and 2 others like this.
  4. swany66675
    • In Omnia Paratus

swany66675 Loaded Pockets

I like it but I couldn't see it being useful for what they designed it for. If they had another attachment beside the wristband, I may consider something like it for attachment to a shoulder strap on my pack. Or even for the guys with molle on their chest plates, may make a convenient way to light our hands when doing map reading or detailed work.

Nice review by the way

Kraid and tmedina like this.
  5. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I've tried wrist mounted lights before, they never put the light where I want it.
    In my opinion, they are a solution looking for a problem.
    A headlight is far more practical.

nick nitro, Kraid and tmedina like this.
  6. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

Fabregas485 Loaded Pockets

Its an interesting idea, and would have its uses I think. If it came with other attachment options they would have a winner.

Kraid likes this.
  7. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

I like the fact that when using a headlight I can have my hands working off to the right but look towards the left to see the effects of what I am doing with my hands.

Kraid likes this.
  8. graham_s
    • In Omnia Paratus

graham_s Loaded Pockets

I'm an airframe fitter by trade,
    Being able to do repairs, Have the light directly where I'm working and have both hands free is invaluable

Kraid likes this.
  9. Kraid

Kraid Loaded Pockets

Yeah, the 35 degree angle does make it odd when trying to aim the light on a target. :( I think a little bit of angle to keep it off the back of your hand is a good idea, but 35 might be too much.

Lol! The SIMs beacon on Star Trek was the first thing I thought of when I saw this light. That connection probably made me want it more, lol. I don't believe that this will be practical for 99.9% of people. Which is why I'm surprised it was even made. For me to have instant access at all times to a source of light could be a matter of life or death for 160ish people, so it's practical enough in my case. Although it's more likely that I'll end up using it for more minimal tasks on a day to day basis.

Thanks, I really appreciate the feedback! I like your idea of making it mountable to PALs! That could really expand it's utility.

I certainly agree that a headlight is a more practical way to get light on your target in a hands free manner. The only benefit of the wrist light over the head light is that its more practical to wear a wrist light continuously than it is to wear a head light that way.

I love how a head light lights up whatever you are looking at. Using this light as a work light surely wouldn't work nearly as well. :(

swany66675 and SAKplumber like this.
  10. Fabregas485
    • In Omnia Paratus

I like the point about it being instantly available, while looking discreet (in a way).

Kraid likes this.
  11. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

I'm enough of a geardo that I'd be willing to at least play with one, if I ever see it on sale. :D

Shur and Kraid like this.
  12. 0dBm

0dBm Loaded Pockets

For me, I would like it better if I didn't need to use my other hand to engage/disengage the ON/OFF switch. I have trained tactically with a handheld combat flashlight with a momentary switch AND a lanyard. When I don't need a light source, I simply remove my thumb from the momentary switch. When I need the use of the hand holding the light, I simply let the flashlight drop off my hand yet remain tethered to my wrist.

Use of a wristlight for me shall become a paradigm shift that I simply do not have the proclivity to incorporate in my decades-old regimen.

Kraid and (deleted member) like this.
  13. earthman

earthman EDC Junkie!!!

"Easy access to a light at all times",......that's what sums it up for me, that's what I like most about this idea/product, however this just seems a bit too bulky to me, I wouldn't fancy wearing this 24/7 (almost) like my wrist watch.

A couple of years on and no one has come up with a smaller/neater design?

14. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Think about the target market - and how generally slow they are to innovate, for a variety of different reasons.

15. nick nitro

nick nitro Loaded Pockets

Specialty item only.

hal_chase likes this.
  16. Welfare

Welfare Loaded Pockets

I run a lot at nights and use a 2211X as my light. I know all the trails are good and there are no dangerous animals where I live. It is brilliant knowing I have it with me and not having to wear a head torch or have something in my hands. I've only had it a couple of months and it will be part of my gear for a while.

[​IMG]

17. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

after viewing "The Final Option" in 1982, long before LEDs were available, a friend on the Hillsborough Co (Tampa area) Sheriff's SWAT team made one of the lights similar to those used by the 22nd SAS troopers in the movie... shooting a 1911 in .45 with a multi D cell Maglight strapped to your strong arm was an innovation