1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Super Tiny EDC (tech, tools, knives, bags, clothing, weapons, etc)

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Ronin Six, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Ronin Six

Ronin Six Empty Pockets

Actually, it's GI Joe sized EDC plus some other kinds of gear.
    My other obsession aside from ECD gear is 1:6 scale toys. I've been noticing that little EDC gear is becoming increasingly available in 1:6 scale. So I decided to gather up anything related to EDC and general outdoor/survival gear and take some pics. I got a little kick out of gathering all the tiny EDC together, and hopefully you do too.

Please visit my 1:6 Scale EDC gallery on Flickr to see all 50 or so pics.

Here's a few preview shots:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enjoy!

2. hawkeye

hawkeye Loaded Pockets

That stuff is WAY more detailed than I remember. Pretty cool!

3. LLCoolBeans

LLCoolBeans Empty Pockets

This is really weird. :crazy2:

Why 1:6 exactly? 1:5 or 1:7 is no good?

Whaaat? Where do you even find this stuff?

4. Ronin Six

Ronin Six Empty Pockets

:laugh: I guess anyone not into EDC would thing we're all weird because of our obsession with it.

Perhaps I should say 1:6-ish. Anything that looks proportionate or close enough to that scale is fine with me.

There's all kinds of stuff a collector of any particular thing can find on ebay. Perhaps I should clarify this as well and say, "increasingly available to those into the hobby". Just like Atwoods I guess. If you pay close enough attention to a particular thing, then it's easy enough to get a hold of.

:)

5. bruner

bruner Loaded Pockets

Wow. Thanks for sharing those photos. I am honestly very impressed. I had no idea that such things were in existence, let alone so detailed.

One thing I'm curious about... When I was young and had a collection of matchbox cars I was always disappointed that the doors, hoods and trunk did not open and close. Are most of your 1:6 scale items just for looks or do they function? I guess what I'm asking is something like: do the folding knives fold, the the packs have functional zippers, and such?

Thanks,
    Dan

:)

6. Ronin Six

Ronin Six Empty Pockets

Thanks for the comments bruner. :)
    Yes, much of the items do have some degree of articulation and functionality. Generally the more the detail, the more delicate the item at that size. The handgun slides move back, the side release buckles are functional, many of the folding knives do fold. With the multitool, it only has 3 parts and can be positioned fully closed or open, but that's about the extent of the functionality on that. The packs do have functional zippers, though some are way overscaled and some are smaller but much more delicate. Some of the most detailed boots are cloth and have tiny grommets for the laces. Also, some of the camera lenses are even interchangeable. Even the tiny replica Grimlocks on the mini RAID and the Condor-II open and close.

I think my favorite items so far are the packs. There's a good variety of packs that have been inspired by actual full size ones... similar to a RAID, Camelback, SO Tech Go bag, Maxpedition Condo-II, etc.

There's even a Eberlestock lookalike pack coming out soon in 1:6 scale.
    [​IMG]

7. carrot

carrot Loaded Pockets

I'm finding it extremely hard to get a sense of scale! These things are so detailed before I looked at the zoom pics I thought they were real. Mind posting pics of some of these next to their real life counterparts?

Where do you find these? Do you make them or have them made?

Wicked cool collection, thanks for sharing.

8. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Wow, toys have sure come a long way since I was a kid. Those look really impressive!

(And I'm sooo glad I don't need any of them, I spend way enough on the full-scale stuff already. :-X)

9. dyyys1

dyyys1 Loaded Pockets

I'm impressed! Those models have amazing detail.

10. Button

Button Empty Pockets

Wow, very realistic. If I had not read the fine print I would have not known they were not the real thing. Excellent.

11. DarbyFett

DarbyFett Loaded Pockets

I use to be into 1:6th scale pretty bad. Started of course with GI Joes, then as I got older moved to Dragon , a HT and DID. Been out of it for a couple of years. Started losing interest when I was old enough to buy 1:1 guns lol. Still have a fondness for the hobby though and when I stop over at 1:6th warriors, I feel my wallet cry a little bit.

12. EDChris

EDChris Loaded Pockets

If I ever get hit by a shrink ray, I'll be knocking on your door. Or maybe I will just crawl under your door since you probably would not hear me knock. :lolhammer: