1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Super score! -Timbuk2 Commuter (?)

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by ItsHardToKnow, Aug 4, 2018.

1. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

As some on here might know, I am a high school history teacher.
    About a month ago an acquaintance called me up out of the blue, we've not talked in about a year, and said that his company, which is the Ops Manager, needed someone to drive a truck for them a couple days a week - great! Gets me out of the house a few times a week on this 2 month break from my job...plus the money is good too!

So, because I coach soccer and have to drive the players to the matches, I have a CDL and started this part time gig driving for a waste management company. It's pretty good, I drive a big F750 with, essentially, a flatbed and hoist up these long, open-top cans onto the back to take to the landfill.

Last week I made my first stop of the day and some debris was hanging out on the back, so before hoisting it up I decide Im going to remove it and throw it in so that it doesnt come out and spread litter. Well I see a bag is hanging half out the back and I just assume it's some local kid's old school bag, nothing special, so I grab it and as Im about to chuck it I notice the little Timbuk2 circular logo. Holy crap, someone threw out one of these?

I look it over, its dirty (it was on top of some dirt ha), but I dont see anything wrong with it on my once-over.

Later that day I clean it up and start to check it out - Im pretty sure it's brand new. Its got a little cardstock card inside from the company talking about registering the product etc, still has silica packs in the pockets...Im quite certain it's brand new.

It DOES have some logo embroidered on the front, about 3.5" wide.

After digging around the Timbuk2 site, the closest bag to it is the Commuter, but maybe this is an older version because there are some slight differences in it to the current lineup, but nothing else currently offered by them is like this one.
    But it's got to be newer because it has their new quick-adjust shoulder strap, which is only a couple years old to my knowledge.

Anyway - I got a new Timbuk2 for free which Im real pumped on because I love my Classic Messenger and this one has more features that that

2. zyntherius

zyntherius Loaded Pockets

+1 for Timbuk2 messenger bags

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

3. ItsHardToKnow

Maybe I should post up pics so some folks might be able to determine what it is that I got.
    I have a feeling someone got this as a corporate gift and didnt really know how nice it was

4. zyntherius

zyntherius Loaded Pockets

Does it look anything like this?[​IMG]

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

WillAdams likes this.
  5. ItsHardToKnow

vaguely

I'll get pics tomorrow (I hope)
    its the classic 3 panel front
    there are water bottle mesh things on both sides of the inside, and one on one side on the outside
    On the back there is a zippered area for a laptop and other items, fleece lined

6. Blades

Blades Loaded Pockets

Nice find.

7. Kris

Kris Loaded Pockets

Good find. Sounds like its got a few of the special order options (Water bottle pockets etc)

8. ItsHardToKnow

ok, here are some bad pictures (really bad lighting in this coffee shop)

I tried to highlight the little 'hidden' side pocket in one of them, you'll notice a piece of paper sticking out from the side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. ItsHardToKnow

I figured out he logo
    Its a company called Lundbeck, a Dutch pharma company.

I think I stated before - Im pretty sure this was never used before. Ive gotten several TB2 products before and know how they come from the factory - it was just like that.

Have emailed the company describing the bag to find out what model it is.

Carried it the past two days and loving it!

That Movie Guy likes this.
  10. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

That's a proper result!

11. sewer_rat

sewer_rat Loaded Pockets

I'm a big fan of Timbuk2. Own way too many of their bags, my favorite being the Alchemist

Durandal64 likes this.
  12. ItsHardToKnow

anyone recognize the bag? have an idea of which model?

13. Journo

Journo Loaded Pockets

Looks like a company,Lundbeck, had this branded. It seems like things I have been given at conferences and the like before. Good score. Maybe you can use a seam ripper to get rid of the coroprate branding, or just put some velcro over it, in case you don't like it.

14. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

Congrats on a great find! I like the camlock for strap adjustment. I wish mine had that feature.

It's going to be hard to pin down an exact model, because Timbuk2 changes their style every year or so. Have you searched the bag carefully for a tag?

As Journo said:
    Sometimes companies will request a unique combination of features if they are placing a large enough order. There's always a possibility that it could be a special run.

15. ItsHardToKnow

Yes, I found the company, Lundbeck, a pharma company.
    No tags anywhere on the bag, which my other messenger doesnt have anything either

jag-engr likes this.
  16. ItsHardToKnow

Heard back from Timbuk2 - Jag was spot on: It is a commuter bag that was custom ordered for the company since it was a large order.
    Pretty cool.

jag-engr likes this.
  17. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

My Timbuk2 bag doesn't have one, either, but it's 15+ years old.

Awesome! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while.

18. Durandal64

Durandal64 Loaded Pockets

I am a huge fan of Timbuk2 and the Alchemist is one of the best messenger bags they made. Too bad they discontinued it. Also Skye is pretty alright as well.

Adam

19. acv

acv Loaded Pockets

It was called the Commute - I have the same model. I keep trying to replace it but always keep coming back to it. Think I should stop trying......

PS - the red felt-ish type fabric works well with inserts that have hook material on the back of them. It really adds to the flexibility of this bag.

anjin likes this.