1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Super bright edc light help

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by jamesr913, Oct 7, 2017.

1. jamesr913

jamesr913 Loaded Pockets

I know there are tons of threads asking for advice on which flashlight to buy but none are exactly what I am looking for. I am looking for a super bright (900+ lumens) light with a tail button that is pocketable, preferably more like a pen light( I used to carry a 5.11 TMT PLx). I would prefer something rechargeable with an 18650 battery. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

2. Ingo

Ingo Loaded Pockets

You could try taking a look at the Fenix pd-35 tac, I believe you can also use it with 18650 :)

3. turbo6

turbo6 Loaded Pockets

Fenix PD35 maybe?

5.4 inches long, 1 inch diameter. 1000 lumen max with a tail switch.

4. Random Dan

Random Dan Loaded Pockets

These days there are lots of 18650 lights out there that are 900+ lumens. You'll have to be more specific if you want good recommendations.
    Some things to consider:
    How much are you willing to spend?
    Do you want flood, throw, or a mix of both? What kind of distances will you use the light?
    What kind of UI? Do you want access to special modes like moonlight, or just traditional high and low?

Off hand I'd say a take a look at the BLF A6 for $20-30.

BigGreenTick likes this.
  5. jamesr913

jamesr913 Loaded Pockets

I have an Anker LC90 and I like the way you can go from flood to spot.

Would like to spend less than $50 but could maybe go up to $70ish.

And really anything more than just high and low is bonus.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

6. BigGreenTick

BigGreenTick Loaded Pockets

I tend to agree with all of the above. There are so many options out there (yay!) these days that it's hard to give a recommendation without having a better idea of your needs/wants.

I'm also a fan of the A6. It doesn't have a momentary so if you are looking for 'tactical' it isn't going to be the light for you, but it is well built and the tube body is arguably the closest you'll find to a penlight with an 18650. On the downside you'll need to order it from a Chinese site.

7. jon1996

jon1996 Loaded Pockets

Thrunite TN12 1000+ lumens, 18650 friendly, I've carried one daily for 3 yrs and still going, and it's $49.99 on Amazon

Nick4305 likes this.
  8. Tixx

Tixx Loaded Pockets

If you can do a side button, the Emisar D4 is putting out around 4000 lumens.

9. BillyFred

BillyFred Loaded Pockets

+1 for Felix PD35 Tactical. Great light I've carried every day for a couple of years now.

10. G39

G39 Loaded Pockets

It’s not an 18650 but the Nitecore MT10A with a 14500 does 920 and the brightness to size ratio is surprising. Tail button with the side more buttons are nice.

I love my HL-X streamlight, and it’s my by the chair need to reach out there if I need to step outside light. The MT10A is more of a flooder, but not pure flood, throws good too for an easily carried light too for the brightness. I used a S1R that replaced a broke surefire as my all day carry/user. I got the nitecore on a whim and I’m glad I did. Way cheaper than the broke surefire it replaced at 1/5 the cost and 5x better of a light. Only con is less run time on a 14500 but I’ve run into no issue and if I ever do I can use a regular easily sourced aa in it too. It does 170 very useable lumens on that aa too. Or I alswys have a just Incase extra fully charged 14500 with me. Haven’t needed an aa or the spare yet. Pocket lights aren’t typically called on for long run times on higher settings. The HL-X also runs brighter longer than other brands on high.

MT10A also has a red light mode. It’s an extremely versatile little power house. Might be worth a look at.

11. trojansteel

trojansteel Loaded Pockets

Zebralight is your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk