1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sunwayman Question

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Liveitloud, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Liveitloud

Liveitloud Loaded Pockets

I have been looking around for a few weeks for a good light in the 70 dollar range. Have narrowed it down to Sunwayman but had a question between two different lights. The only difference I see is the amount of lumen output. Could someone who might know check out these links to the lights and let me know if that is the only difference? Also is there a big advantage of picking 46- lumens over 210 other than brightness? I would guess the more powerful light would be a bigger drain on the battery. I'm pretty new with the light thing and really don't know much of anything about them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201106/56.html

http://sunwayman.co.uk/viewitem.php?productid=52

2. TallNHairyDave

TallNHairyDave Loaded Pockets

The V10r is a good torch. Looking at the two, it appears you only get the "460" lumens when you use a 16340 rechargeable LiIon cell.

If it does ramp up to 460 then it's going to (a) run very hot because the torch is too small to dissipate that much heat quickly, and (b) run the battery down flat in next to no time!

I'd stick with the standard V10R

(I have the v10r titanium version, and it's my most carried EDC light since I got it)

3. Liveitloud

Thanks I really appreciate the information. I am kinda in the weeds on the light thing. Guess I spend too much time looking at knives. :) I looked at the Ti version and really really like it but just can't spend that much. Just getting into the lights. If it is anything like the knife addiction in a year I won't blink at 150-200 on a flashlight. Baby steps.... Maybe I'll just go with the 210, that was the one I had originally decided on. Appreciate the input.

4. nuphoria

nuphoria Loaded Pockets

One of them is the XML T6 - newer and brighter model.

5. endless.ender

endless.ender Loaded Pockets

I have the v10r ti, I love it. Simple and clean, just how I like it

6. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

[video=youtube;JUbt_whNiW0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUbt_whNiW0[/video]

7. TheTomas

TheTomas Loaded Pockets

I have a V10R Ti, and I love it. It's a beautiful, functional light. My favorite features are how dim the low levels are, the smooth transition on brightness levels, its brightness, and it looks like a tiny lightsaber... it also seems to run fine on rechargeable cr123s, though I don't know if it's the full 210 lumens.

8. Liveitloud

Thanks for the review and all the help. I went ahead and bought the 210 lumen light. I am pretty excited about getting this. Right now I have a cheap Cree light from deal extreme, a Fenix EO1 and a Maratac AAA light. I think this one will be really nice. Will report back once it arrives.

9. rockingthe2

rockingthe2 Loaded Pockets

You will love it. If you don't want to spend more money on modding that light then don't look up kuku427 on CPFMarketplace. Seriously.

10. Liveitloud

Well it came today and I am super happy with it. It is lighter in weight than I thought it would be and bright as hell. The beam adjustment on the housing just glides like butter. and the clip is sturdier than I figured. It fits on tight and doesn't spin around. I though my el cheapo deal extreme Cree light was bright but it doesn't have anything on this one. Now if I can just learn to take pictures of it that don't make it look filthy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. rockingthe2

First thing to do is get rid of that clip, get one of kuku's clips of CPFMarketplace while you can. The stock clip will scratch the finish. I actually prefer no clip but thats me. Either way enjoy the light, it's quite awesome.

12. Six String

Six String Loaded Pockets

Congrats on a great light! I have the Ti version and it's my favorite light for carry. My overall fav is a Nitecore TM but it's a handful.

13. Liveitloud

THanks y'all I aprpeciate it. I am really loving this light. What clip are you talking about though? I am up for a little mod.

14. rockingthe2

search kuku427 in cpfmarketplace (it's down right now) for his thread on clips, switches, bodies, and bezels.

15. Liveitloud

Could the spelling be wrong? I am finding nothing.

16. rockingthe2

As I said, CPFMarketplace is down right now, they have a ton of server issues. I'll find some pictures on my HD and post them up.

Here's his Facebook account. He's working on a few things so you kinda have to dig, and some of the stuff he's working on isn't posted there.

17. rockingthe2

Ok, here's some info and pictures

[​IMG]
    ^This is not my picture nor light, but the clip shown is one of Steve's on a V10R Ti.

[​IMG]
    ^This is my picture and light, with Steve's trit switch (Pink trits).

[​IMG]
    ^This is Steve's picture and light, with his 18650 (Or 18500, but it looks like the 18650) body and trits in the cooling fin.

[​IMG]
    ^Here's a better picture of the trits, I believe this is Tain's picture and you can just see the tip of one of Steve's clips up top. The knurling is custom and not available as far as I know. Steve has said he wants to make the cooling fin with trits and available part so this might be good.

[​IMG]
    ^This is not a V10R Ti but Steve's next run of switches will be similar. 6 trit's installed in 2 layers.

You can find Steve's email on his facebook but his list on CPFMP (Still down as of today). I suggest an email to him.

As far as I know, parts and availability

Ti Pocket Clip - Another Run Planned
    Ti Trit Switch - Run of New Design Planned
    Spare Electronic Switches - Available
    Ti 18500 & 18650 bodies - Unavailable
    Ti Crenelated Bezels with Trits & UCL - Run in Progress
    Ti Cooling Fins with Trits - Being Designed

Hope that helps.

18. Liveitloud

Yeah I would say that helps a lot. Thanks for taking the time to put all this info up. I like the look of that clip and those trits are awesome. Will check again when the marketplace is back up. Appreciate it

19. rockingthe2

did I mention this get's expensive?

20. Liveitloud

I have 75% Spyderco's and about 15 customs. It couldn't get worse than that......could it? :)