1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sunwayman M11R Control Ring Feedback

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by willydigger, Jun 21, 2013.

1. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I was hoping some of you guys with the M11R could comment on the control ring. Specifically, how strong is the detent in each L-M-H position?

I had a V11R and hated the variable control ring. It would turn in my pocket and the grease would allow the control ring to turn snugly and then loosen. It was very annoying. I'd like to know how the M11R compares.

Also, does this light have the stupid "ramp up" like the V11R? Meaning when you turn it on, there is a second of delay until the set brightness is reached.

WWW likes this.
  2. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

This is what I want to read about. Thanks for the thread. I really need a shiney Ti light!

WWW likes this.
  3. vadsoom

vadsoom Loaded Pockets

My V11R has been my preferred edc for about a year. I have had no problems with the control ring at all. It's firm enough not to move in my pocket. My only complaint is the weak clip.

4. rsitter

rsitter EDC Junkie!!!!!

m11r...not difficult to turn, has never turned on in my pocket. bam! get one.

5. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I 100% HATE the V11R control ring.

I actually want a stiff ring. I want the detent to be stiff. I think ultimately I'll have to buy one to know.

I'm currently giving my Jetbeam PC10 another go. I don't like cycling through the modes with the tail clicky and I hate strobe and SOS that aren't hidden. The problem with the M11R is I may end up wanting a tail clicky forcing me to by a V11R too. I'm putting the cart before the horse now. :D

Thanks for the feedback!

6. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

I'm looking at the M11r too. Comes in three colors, but none are shiny. Tan, black, and natural.

7. DragonRider

DragonRider Loaded Pockets

Only thing I would like would be a detent for the bright setting. but I've only had it 2 days.....

8. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

I was mistaken...it comes in Ti too:D