1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sunglasses Case

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by ParTimeBourne, Apr 15, 2011.

1. ParTimeBourne

ParTimeBourne Loaded Pockets

I'm not interested in one that attaches to webbing but I'd like a good tacticool case for a pair of prescription Raybans. Google isn't turning up much.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2. Quixotica

Quixotica Loaded Pockets

3. MartinDWhite

MartinDWhite Loaded Pockets

4. ParTimeBourne

ParTimeBourne Loaded Pockets

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I've come across this as well

5. 6_String_Jams
    • In Omnia Paratus

6_String_Jams Loaded Pockets

6. tltb26

tltb26 Loaded Pockets

I use an Oakley Large Vault for my Oakley Half Jackets (retails about $20). I've been using the same case for years; slightly "crumpled" at one corner of the zipper lining. It has been mostly carried in a pack in a specific compartment but it has occasionally been thrown into the main pocket with all else. I have not tested its "crush-proof-ness" beyond this.

I have been eyeing the Tactical Tailor 85 Series case but have yet to confirm whether they will properly accommodate my Oakley Half Jackets (some people have previously stated that some types of glasses had a snug fit to the point of making inserting and removal cumbersome). Other concerns for this case (expressed by others): it does not have a seal therefore dust/dirt could penetrate and possibly scratch the lens (I'd address this by keeping my Oakley's in its microfleece? pouch). I've also read that one guy put this case on the floor & placed his hands on the case & it withstood the weight of his body in a push-up-like position.

There are two or three threads on this subject in this forum; you'll find so many suggestions that it'll make your head spin :)

7. Spydermonkey

Spydermonkey Loaded Pockets

8. Firedrow

Firedrow Loaded Pockets

When I bought my pair of 5.11 sunglasses they came with the SlickStick carrier. Love having it on the outside of my slingbag.