1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Summer Clothes...

Discussion in 'EDC Clothing' started by moostapha, Apr 13, 2015.

1. moostapha

moostapha Loaded Pockets

It definitely doesn't offend me; I just don't like the look of shorts on myself.

I'm still working on finding something I really like. The kuhls that were suggested seem like they'll work just fine, but I don't like all of the extra stitching. I might just deal with it.

On the renegades, is the mesh ventilation/pocket on both sides or just on the right?

I also got a couple of these evaporative towels. Something about polyvinyl alcohol absorbing water and then letting it evaporate from body heat. They seem like they're going to help a good bit.

Also, merino wool is a godsend. It's fantastic at regulating temperature, better than anything else I've worn (well, 2nd best, whatever my cycling kit is made of is the best, but those are $130 shirts and $200 shorts and look absolutely stupid if you're not on a bike).

I've been wearing these super light pants I found at REI that seem to work. They're just cut like what '90s middle schoolers wore. So, I think they look stupid. A little bit of taper would do the legs a lot of good. Sadly, I don't remember what they are, I'm wearing them, and there's a dog asleep on my lap. So, I can't check at the moment.

kbuzbee likes this.
  2. kbuzbee

kbuzbee Loaded Pockets

Been there!

Ken

3. Barchack

Barchack Loaded Pockets

For lightweight pants, I love Arborwear Tech pants. They're cargos, but they are definitely worth trying. Great lightweight, durable pants.

4. kikaida

kikaida Loaded Pockets

I often wear The North Face Paramount Peak hiking pants (convertible into shorts) during the summer. They're nylon and lightweight.

5. Sonoran Tree
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Sonoran Tree Loaded Pockets

Here in the Sonoran Desert, the sun is our enemy. I work completely covered (broad-brimmed hat, a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, leather gloves, boots). Some of that is worn because the plants out here are our other enemy - they all have thorns and spines! Our hottest month is coming (June). We can have 116 to 120 in the afternoon/early evening, but no humidity. I'm interested in cooler pants too, I've tried a lot and am not really satisfied. We use Red Cap shirts and those are great.

6. Radkreuzwerfer

Radkreuzwerfer Loaded Pockets

I'v made great experience with UA Heat Gear undergarment.
    Personally I like cold weather better than hot, but in summer no one asks how you like it. So I have to deal with 30-40°C wearing a stab-proof vest under cheap plastik jackets. In Under Armor Heat Gear I still feel comfortable. Still, I sweat and smell badly after work, but I don't overheat and vest and jacket don't really concern me.

7. evi1joe

evi1joe Loaded Pockets

I'm in FL and hate the heat too. I'm really hoping to fight it this year and not stay in so much.
    My plan started with a hat--I hear good things about the Outdoor Research SUMMIT hat (I hear you can wet it, and as the water evaporates, it'll keep you cool--we'll see).
    I'm also moving to some of those super-lightweight wicking t-shirts--though I hate how they drape on me, so I'll probably be looking for some thin linen overshirts (perhaps even long-sleeved). I ought to buy whatever they're wearing in like Pakistan/Afghanistan--all those white robe things and krishna looking stuff (but I don't want to be killed by a well-meaning neighbor when I'm just hanging out in the backyard).
    I've been researching the COOLING t-shirts from Columbia and other brands--haven't figured out which to try. Reviews are mixed on Amazon.
    AS FOR PANTS:
    I really like the RailRiders VersaTac Light, but am considering the X-Treme Adventure and the KHAKI (greenish) Bone Flats pants (which have a MESH material on the side--it might be ugly though). I have some Vertx pants (green with green mesh), but haven't worn them yet (they're a bit tacticool). I also tend to wear a lot of shorts and super-thin double-layer WRIGHTSOCKS (I used to go through them fast, but then realized I needed to take them off as soon as my shoes are off--they aren't durable).