1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Summer Camera Bag/EDC suggestions

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by KarasuStatus, Jul 1, 2013.

1. KarasuStatus

KarasuStatus Loaded Pockets

Looking for a good shoulder bag for summer time EDC which lets me have quick easy access for a DSLR or camera of some sorts for photographing or catching some video of summertime adventures. Normally I'd always go for a backpack for the extra comfort during heavier loads but... Doing that while trying to quickly get back to my camera is tad irritating. But yes, need bag suggestions for something to hold my nikon D90 + maybe an extra lens, or during street photography days just a fujifilm x100 in addition to a notebook, flashlight, some paracord, knife, multi tool, water bottle, and wallet. any extra room other than that would be nice but not needed.

2. RoboSim

RoboSim Loaded Pockets

_

Last edited by RoboSim, Jul 1, 2013
  3. KarasuStatus

I'll try and keep that in mind. I was actually thinking of modding a jumbo or mongo versipack.

4. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

Voodoo tac makes the padded stakeout bag that may work well for you if you don't have a grip on your DSLR. It's like a versipak but has a well padded center section. I've been on the hunt for a true tactical DSLR bag for a while and i'm still looking :frantic:

5. CAPTSHOE

CAPTSHOE Loaded Pockets

My wife uses a Jumbo Verispack as her DSLR bag on a daily basis. She carries her spare lens where the water bottler would normally go and they come in the best variety of colors out there.

6. vinniec5

vinniec5 Loaded Pockets

how/does she protect the camera in the bag? Does she wrap/cover the DSLR or use a seperate pouch. I use a battery grip on my camera and alot of the time the bags I look at are wide and long enough but are too shallow to fit the cam with the grip attached

7. Joeprez

Joeprez Loaded Pockets

I have a Flipside 200 and really like it, but its really only for the camera (of course you have some space for a multitool and other small stuff):

http://www.adorama.com/LPFL200BK.html

I chose this backpack for two things:

1. When you have it on your back, its is impossible for someone to open the bag a snatch the camera,

2. Check the pic, very easy to change lenses (not my picture):

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3233/3009732185_6367062ffb.jpg

However, I wanted a bag to also fit my gun, a water bottle and other EDC stuff. I found a great price on a Fatboy Versipack and will try to make the main compartment camera proof. I know this will work on a Jumbo, but I really wanted to try it on the Fatboy. If the Fatboy doesn't work, I'll just sell it and get the Jumbo.

Will post pics as soon as I receive the Fatboy, which should be this week.

8. Joeprez

Joeprez Loaded Pockets

Great idea!

9. CAPTSHOE

CAPTSHOE Loaded Pockets

Normally she just puts the camera (Nikon D7000) into the back lens down. She doesn't use a grip on her camera so I am not sure how that would work. She carries the camera in the bag just about everywhere she goes, as she does a lot of sports photography of our kids, and hasn't damaged the camera yet.

vinniec5 likes this.
  10. JT2V

JT2V Loaded Pockets

11. paaiyan

paaiyan Loaded Pockets

12. KarasuStatus

Anyone know anything about Tenba Messenger bags?