1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions on knife reviewers?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by TRDmatrix, Apr 2, 2014.

1. TRDmatrix

TRDmatrix Loaded Pockets

Whenever I have some free time, I like to read or watch videos on knife and gun reviews. I don't mind spending 20 to 30 minutes watching a video on one knife as long as it is an honest review of the knife itself. That being said, I used to like nutnfancy's videos on the tube but lately it seems like he spends half the time explaining why his videos are so long rather than actually doing the review. So my question is whose reviews do you guys like to watch/read?

2. FenixArcher

FenixArcher EDC Junkie!!!

Meh, not a fan of nutnfancy.
    I love cutlerylover and skallagrim.
    I think that's the only 2 knife guys I have on youtube.
    The rest is mostly gun channels. :D

Knightrock likes this.
  3. chrisk91

chrisk91 Loaded Pockets

check out jdavis, cutlerylover, lateboyscout, pyaoliang, jankerson and bladebrotherhood.

IMightBeWrong and Revival like this.
  4. Revival

Revival Loaded Pockets

Excellent list. To add a few more...

- Solosknife Reviews
    - X4CTO (alot of his older videos were great knife reviews but be warned that he has rauchy humor)
    - BT BLADES
    - TheApostleP
    - Cajun Blaze

Last edited by Revival, Apr 3, 2014
    IMightBeWrong likes this.
  5. Here Comes The BOOM

Here Comes The BOOM EDC Junkie!!!!!

I somehow always get the feeling he's working for a commission when watching Nutnfancy's vids [​IMG]

First one that comes to mind is Virtuovice on Youtube, but he does mostly fixed blades. Skookum Bushcraft also made some good vids imo, but fixed blades as well as far as I know. I guess it shows I haven't been looking at a lot of folders recently :rolleyes:

captain howdy likes this.
  6. Sao
    • In Omnia Paratus

Sao Loaded Pockets

Stefan Schmalhaus has some great videos on gentlemens folders unfortunately he is working on a book so no new videos until that's finished but there are still plenty of reviews on his youtube channel

IMightBeWrong, Invictus and sungame like this.
  7. CitizenSnips

CitizenSnips Loaded Pockets

Edgeobserver is a pretty good watch, though his reviews are more design oriented. Nutn is good for reviewing his stuff after actually using it but I feel the same as you TRD. Cutlerylover as people have mentioned is fantastic.

Last edited by CitizenSnips, Apr 3, 2014
  8. saniterra

saniterra Loaded Pockets

I would concur with the recommendations above, but I do like the Nutnfancy reviews even though he comes across as completely full of himself (full of crap, that is). He does do a pretty thorough review within the confines of his own prejudices. For technical information, though not videos to the best of my knowledge, the Cliff Stamp site on the internet is often useful. However, as I'm the kind of guy that wears a belt and suspenders, I tend to check out most or all of these sites when I'm researching a potential knife buy.

9. Linejudgemick

Linejudgemick Loaded Pockets

I don't always follow a particular reviewer although I do enjoy those made by a few mentioned here. Usually I am looking for reviews of a particular product and they happen to have a review on it. I then watch and/or read a number of reviews and absorb them into my own biases and preference about that particular item. I have found after getting my own, my personal preferences seem to most closely align with Cutlery Lover, ApostleP and a couple others. My wife is amazed (perhaps irritated is a better term) I can spend as much time as I do viewing knife and other product reviews.

10. TRDmatrix

TRDmatrix Loaded Pockets

Wow there's a lot more reviewers out there than I thought. Thanks everyone for the input. I do have cutlerylover, thelateboyscout, and edge observer already in my subscription. I will be checking out all others that have been suggested.

CitizenSnips likes this.
  11. Prometheus_9

Prometheus_9 Loaded Pockets

Raunchy is a little...mild, don't you think? Seriously, I find some of his videos disgusting haha.

I watch;

Sticktodrum
    Bladebrotherhood
    Justin laffer
    xcaffinejunkyx
    Cutelrylover
    Solosknifereviews
    Practically everyday
    B Dunn

I don't put much merit in jdavis882/davisbladeworks or cliffstamp, your milage may very...there's certainly some personal bias on my part.

12. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

Gideonstactical (sp?) has done some stuff that works for me. Blade reviews where he shows himself actually field testing the blade with various tasks from feather sticks to shaving.

If you don't carry it every day, it's not every day carry.

13. Cody_2ZZ

Cody_2ZZ Loaded Pockets

I'm a nutnfancy fan overall, but I can understand how some would find his approaching grating. I enjoy cutlerylover's videos quite a bit. Honest straight-forward reviews for sure.

14. hawkeye180

hawkeye180 Loaded Pockets

Nutnfancy
    crocket20
    lateboyscout

Tireguy90 likes this.
  15. Morgan X

Morgan X Loaded Pockets

Cutlerylover
    **Sherman614
    crocket20
    Jim Skelton (for custom blades)

16. iplaysthedrums

iplaysthedrums Loaded Pockets

Wasnt Cutlerylover an active poster on edcf at one point? I remember he used to mention it in some of his older videos.

17. Blaklader Pockets

Blaklader Pockets Loaded Pockets

Cliff Stamp had some very interesting things to say about steel, some of which are rather provocative, but I like that he offers unique and valuable opinions that sometimes challenge what us knife knuts think.

18. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Nutnfancy makes big money ($$$$$) off U-toob! He is completely sponsored (and I mean completely). You will not see something on his channel he isn't getting money for. Consequently...you be the judge of his objectivity! :D

Me, I don't watch him. Not only is he full of himself, but he talks smack and he's like watching an advertisement.

I do like Cutlerylover though. He's got a real genuine personality, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't take any money (not positive, but pretty sure...as he's said it numerous times). Notice you'll never see Nutnfancy say he doesn't get endorsements.

My .02

SAKplumber likes this.
  19. RBid

RBid Loaded Pockets

I'm pretty certain that Nutnfancy has stated clearly that he's not on any manufacturer's payroll, many times over. I don't always agree with him, but he is thorough enough for me to use his reviews to form my own general expectations that rarely prove off once I handle the item. Smart viewers should easily be able to filter what he presets through their own value points.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

20. Darth_Firebolt

Darth_Firebolt Loaded Pockets

EveryDayCommentary is also a good one. His system is pretty good once you get used to it. He reviews more than knives, too.

Wydern likes this.