1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for strap replacement ?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by sbillard, Nov 26, 2009.

1. sbillard

sbillard Loaded Pockets

Hi,

My EDC bag is the Vega Holster travel cargo bagtravel cargo bag. It is a nice bag but the shoulder strap could be perfectible : it it not that large (1,5 inches large) and features a padded "thing" that slides on it and is not very long (i don't know if I am clear, english is not my native language). The consequence is that the padded thing is sometimes before my shoulder, sometimes after. Especially when I move my bag between front and back position.

I thought about buying the Spec Ops strapspec-ops strap but it is said by the company to break at 35 kg which seems not a lot (even if my bag is perhaps 5-7 kgs). I would like something very solid and comfortable. What about 2 inches Maxped straps ? What charge can they handle ?

And are there some straps that use the same materiel as seat belts straps ? That should be solid and would allow easy move between front and back carrying.

Oh and color should be in harmony with my bag, so something between coyote brown and tan.

2. Herbie

Herbie Empty Pockets

I highly recommend "The Claw" from RedOxx. I got one with my Air Boss bag and the way it just grabs onto your shoulder instead of always sliding off is AMAZING. Even with a heavily loaded bag.

3. yam350

yam350 Loaded Pockets

On my EDC bag I glued and stitched a piece of bicycle inner tube on the under side of the pad and stitched the pad in place on the strap with just a couple of stitches, now it does what it's supposed to and never slips on any material.

4. John Frederick

John Frederick Loaded Pockets

If you like the Spec-Ops I say go for it. You are NOT going to break it and it comes with a lifetime guarantee.

5. chappel

chappel Loaded Pockets

I haven't tried one myself, but I've read good things about Tom Bihn's 'absolute shoulder strap'. It has a clever design that includes some stretchy material, so the weight of the bag is partly taken up by the strap, and not your shoulder, as you walk. It seems a bit pricey at $30, but the reviews I've read make it sound like the greatest thing ever.

http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/ACC/TB0505

ch