1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for a good water bottle that's inexpensive?

Discussion in 'Other Every Day Carry Items' started by David L. Holt, Apr 10, 2013.

1. rsitter

rsitter EDC Junkie!!!!!

2. bmather9

bmather9 Empty Pockets

I'm looking for a good water bottle, with a straw, that doesn't leak. I'm willing to pay more for it, if it actually exists. I've tried a few and they all leak, camelbak better bottle, and contigo.

Any suggestions appreciated.

3. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

You might try the Nalgene multi-drink. It seems overly complicated to me, but it is a water bottle, with a straw.

4. bmather9

bmather9 Empty Pockets

Thanks but I already tried one, it leaked and it broke. Certainly overly complicated.

5. Rockwell Torrey

Rockwell Torrey Loaded Pockets

How about the bottle it (water) comes in. Free. I always have a drink bottle of some kind around I can refill with water. If it gets too funked up just toss it and get another.

6. bmather9

bmather9 Empty Pockets

That might be my only option I guess. I know it sounds ridiculous, but I find it much easier to take a quick drink of water with the straw style bottles, to the point that I stay better hydrated when I have one with me. If the free water bottles had a straw and didn't leak, my problem would be solved.

7. Brandon_4078

Brandon_4078 Loaded Pockets

I have the same one! Good tastes, or should I say tastes good? :rofl_revamped: < we need a stupid humor smiley

I personally put my bottles on the passenger seat/floor and use the 32 oz wide mouth nalgene, I want a 16 oz narrow mouth. I also use .6 or .75 CamelBak eddy bottle that can fit in cup holders depending how big they are. The .6l fits into more. I hate metal bottles as they are obnoxiously noisy if dropped, have a metallicy taste, and don't insulate nearly as well (a regular plastic bottle doesn't insulate well but it's quite a bit better than the metal ones).

8. Justin Vaughan

Justin Vaughan Loaded Pockets

Specialized Purist Hydroflo water bottles are awesome.
    Really squeezable plastic with a valve built into it so even if it's pulled open it wont leak unless squeezed.
    Let me know via PM if you want to try one out.

Brandon_4078 likes this.
  9. Brandon_4078

Brandon_4078 Loaded Pockets

Is the valve like those on a CamelBak Podium (the little rubber thing that opens when you squeeze or suck)? If so I think I'm gonna have to get one, as the problem with the CamelBak Podium was they are to darn hard to squeeze.

10. Justin Vaughan

Justin Vaughan Loaded Pockets

Yea identical to that valve. Exactly the reason I like them so much.
    The Hydroflo is the extra squeezable one but all of their bottles are more-so squishy than the Podiums.

11. figuy

figuy Loaded Pockets