1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for a day pack

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by McKing, May 2, 2016.

1. McKing

McKing Empty Pockets

Hi all, I'm in the market for a day pack which has a capacity of 20-23 litres or so, and some requirements I have is that it has to have a clamshell style opening for the main compartment, as well as ventilation on the back and also has an internal stiff board. Other details would be nice but those three are the main requirements. Always prefer quality hardware if possible (ykk, duraflex), thanks in advance!

2. bob_the_bomb

bob_the_bomb Loaded Pockets

5.11 Rush 12-24 are somewhere in the ball park. The Rush 24 is bombproof - I've had one for years - and latest versions come with a belt - I had to add one. However I've never found any internal frame bag to be very effective at ventilation, but that may be just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rr1071 likes this.
  3. Brit1664

Brit1664 Loaded Pockets

I would go for a goruck GR1. Simple, strong, with great laptop compartment. It doesn't have the awfull shoulder straps of the rush 12 which I previously had. I hate the way the rush just kept falling off the shoulder all the time with one strap. Had my GR1 for 16 months and will never need another bag for edc, it perfect.

[​IMG]

Captain Adobo and Silverj53 like this.
  4. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

I have one of the "old" GR0's (before they collapsed everything into a single bag model in different sizes). There is no internal frame sheet standard in the GR bags but you can certainly add one in the intended laptop compartment. The only downside - the GR bags don't have very good ventilation.

5. buckkiller

buckkiller Loaded Pockets

Sorry wrong thread

6. jcombs

jcombs Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]
    Alpha One Niner Evade, designed with input from members of this forum. At the very least you should check out the video on AON website. Very well designed and put together.

Cobra 6 Actual likes this.
  7. chavez

chavez Loaded Pockets

I also have the GR0 before it was renamed to GR1 (21L) and it is my go-to bag. I am not sure what you mean about no internal frame sheet. When it was still the GR0 it had a frame sheet listed as standard. Now, when I received my GR0, it was missing so I contacted Goruck and they promptly mailed me the framesheet along with a couple patches for the trouble.

Mudinyeri likes this.
  8. LaVillaStrangiato11

LaVillaStrangiato11 Loaded Pockets

I had experienced the same thing with my Rush12. While I still love it, trying to one-strap it was darn near impossible. I got the Hazard 4 Watson to serve as my day pack now as well as used it for hiking.

9. Mudinyeri

Mudinyeri Loaded Pockets

Hmm ... maybe I got mine before the frame sheet was included.

10. Jordan Smeenge

Jordan Smeenge Loaded Pockets

I'm in love with my triple aught design litespeed! great customization to your needs and hits right around 22 liters with a Frame sheet and clamshell opening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Vartz04

Vartz04 Loaded Pockets

It's pricey but the new recycled firefighter bags look pretty awesome