1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for a belt organizer pack (maybe a fanny pack?)

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by xX_CENTURION_Xx, Nov 10, 2010.

1. xX_CENTURION_Xx

xX_CENTURION_Xx Empty Pockets

I've been trying to streamline all of my EDC items so that I don't have to spend five minutes packing stuff into my pockets each morning, and I liked Nutnfancy's idea that he showed in a youtube video: use a fanny pack. I had an old belt pouch (I think it's made for a digital camera) that I started to use as a belt organizer, but it only has one pocket, so it's not very good at actually organizing things.
    So I'm asking for recommendations for a belt organizer or pack that could fit the bill.

I'm want to be albe to carry:
    3-4 pens/pencils/sharpies
    Large-size Bic lighter (may be swapped out for a Zippo eventually, but I don't see a need for it)
    A pair of earbuds
    #3 and #4 NiteIze S-Biners
    Maybe a few feet of 550 paracord

I would prefer something with:
    Individual pen sleeves, rather than just a pocket they can be clipped to
    A belt loop or secure clip (like a teK-lok), rather than a normal clip
    As low profile as possible, I hate bulgy things on my belt.

2. sleestac

sleestac Loaded Pockets

3. xX_CENTURION_Xx

That seems pretty bulky for my needs, the Anemone is pretty close, but still a little fat.
    The pouch I have now (which is pretty much perfect in size) is 4.5" x 2.5" x 1". I understand that the extra storage space will make the new one thicker than that, but I would still like something that's pretty thin.

4. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

It doesn't have slots for pens, but have you looked t the Janus? It has one main compartment with a pocket on each side with organizational elastic on them and has the belt loop you want.

5. sleestac

sleestac Loaded Pockets

I keep a pen in the loop/pocket on the bottom of my Janus. It's perfect for a pen and/or knife with clip. Two standard sharpies fit side by side in this loop. I found this spot by watching RoscoeBa's youtube review on the Janus. I love her reviews.

6. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

I forgot all about that, I even have a pen there myself.

7. Geek_Bag_AZ

Geek_Bag_AZ Empty Pockets

I would recommend the janus also. comes in different colors and can be worn around your waist or on a shoulder strap. A lot of possibilites with a janus.

8. xX_CENTURION_Xx

The Janus looks interesting, and the size is about right. I may have to get one and try it out...
    Thanks you guys!

9. savage_here

savage_here Loaded Pockets

Friends don't let friends buy fanny packs! Anything but that is my vote.

10. xX_CENTURION_Xx

I've never been a fan of fanny packs (lol) but I'm alright with them as long as they aren't the big, saggy, tourist-y kind.

11. tfm.11

tfm.11 Empty Pockets

Hi Centurion,

I'm still fairly new to the world of EDC and new to the forum. I am still working on my system (as I'm sure we all are) but I too have been trying to streamline my EDC and do my best to make it appear as though I have nothing on. I work at Ultimate Electronics and found a small digital camera case with a belt loop made by Golla. A lot of their bags are pretty colorful and I can't imagine someone wanting to carry one around but the one I picked up is all black with a zipper and a small carabiner. The inside is a bright orange so it is easy to see everything and has a small pouch at the back held closed with a small strip of velcro. Its nothing fancy but I only paid 7 dollars for it so I decided I would give it a try (retails for ~15). What I like best about this pouch is its very small. With just a tshirt on it is barely noticeable and it is short enough my shirts completely cover it. Being it is smaller there is no organization what so ever but that was the trade-off for me having such a small pouch. The only negative someone may find in this pouch aside the lack of organization is its small size but this is exactly why I made the choice I did.

Contains the following:
    -Tweezers
    -Kingston Traveler 2GB
    -Toothpick holder
    -Nail file
    -Mini Sharpie
    -Zebra F-301 Compact pen
    -Pencil
    -Bic Lighter
    -Northwest Territory Multitool (not sure of the model, had this thing since I was a kid)
    -2 spare CR123 batteries

Granted this thing is packed full it is a lot of stuff given the size of the pouch. I may be able to fit 1 or 2 more pens in here but at this time I don't see it as necessary for myself. I'm hoping I can pick up a Victorinox sometime in the future to replace the multitool I currently have in there as well as the nail file, tweezers, and toothpick holder which would free up some space. Since it is a shorter pouch I had to shorten the handle on the nail file to get it to fit and I can only fit half of a pencil in it. The only reason I carry a regular pencil in it however is for school. I'll try and post a link for you and hopefully it works. Hope this helps!

http://www.golla.com/#/en/bags/digi/line/black

12. acska83

acska83 Loaded Pockets

I got to where I was carrying so much in my pockets on a daily basis, I began to look around for something to carry it all-in-one. I search for about a month and got down to something from Maxpedition or a Nite-Ize attachment. The thing I liked about the Nite-Ize was that it could clip on and off easily and was flat BUT I didn't like that everything would be in view and I didn't want it to be on my belt along with my cell holder (separate). So that canceled that out. I then turned back to Maxpedition and compared/ contrasted all of their small pouches that would go on a belt. But I also wanted something to hold my cell too. I wanted to go with the smallest "pouch" that fit my needs and since I'm rather thin, but tall I didn't want it to stand out more than necessary. Ultimately, I went with the Max. M-2 Waistpack. It works. and holds everything well. I am just trying to find a way to get it on and off my belt without having to remove my belt, yet still holds on well (search continues for that solution). I personally am not a fan of any type of fanny pack, unless it is a physical military belt with a few packs on there, but not for everyday use. But to each their own, if they like them. I have almost gotten used to the M-2 on my belt. Also, if seemed to be the smallest, while most useful for me, pack I found from their site.

13. deathcaps

deathcaps Loaded Pockets

Have you thought about a scissor bag? The one I linked to doesn't have many pockets, but if you google for an actual scissor bag you'll see they have quite a few small pockets that would be perfect for pens and such.