1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Suggestion

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Cao87, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

I have $50 to spend on amazon what urban edc type thing should I buy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

is this a joke? Only you know what you might find to be useful

smokingfish, 0dBm and That Movie Guy like this.
  3. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

I’m just wondering that’s all also I’m very indecisive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. kottskrapa

kottskrapa Loaded Pockets

I might be the boring one but save your money until YOU know what YOU want. That's what important so I agree with moshe.

If it was me, I would buy some books I have on my wish list

[It's not failure if you learn something from it]

5. Cao87

Cao87 Loaded Pockets

Ok

6. kukla

kukla Loaded Pockets

Well, if you live in San Francisco, a sturdy shovel might come in handy.
    ...............or a good pair of galoshes!

JordanJamesPerkins and karlito like this.
  7. SOS24

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

Do you own any Swiss Army Knives? If not, then I would probably look at getting a Compact, Super Tinker, Explorer, Mountaineer or Evolution model (if those appeal to you).

Do you carry a IFAK or mini trauma kit? If not then maybe supplies for building one of those. Although, I would not buy a tourniquet from Amazon because they are known for counterfeits.

Maybe several smaller items like an EDC insulated water bottle, peanut lighter or zippo butane insert, single use super glue, batteries, kevlar string, rescue tool, mylar. Bivy or blanket, etc.

Those are a few things that I can think of that are under $50 and available on Amazon. But to be honest most of the items that come to mind for urban EDC are either over $50 or not available on Amazon - nice Leatherman or SwissTool, quality flashlight, quality knife, breacher tool, mini pry bar, etc.

8. victograph

victograph Loaded Pockets

Depending on financials, look at the 50 as a large lump to discount down an item you want, but avoid because of price. You can always pick up the small stuff later on. You will either be getting a $100 item at half price or a $75 item at 66% off. As Moshe Ben David said, only you know what you need. Good chance to pick up a item at a relatively low cost.

rdisom likes this.
  9. rdisom

rdisom Loaded Pockets

I would second @victograph suggestion. I almost always have a couple of items, edc or other, sitting in my Amazon cart just waiting for a stray gift card to discount or pay for the stuff.

Typical items in my cart: Velcro morale patches, higher end carabiner, pocket tool, electronics, etc.

10. Tallboyjim

Tallboyjim Loaded Pockets

In your daily life, what are missing? It could be anything - a SAK, plied based multitool, a pry tool or a bag to put it all in. But it could be something more boring like a waterbottle, coffee flask/mug, wallet or a coat with a bucket load of pockets. If you really don’t need anything, buy you’re significant other something nice!

11. aicolainen

aicolainen Loaded Pockets

Not knowing what to buy might appear as a problem, but consider it an advantage.
    I have a bunch of items I want to try out at any time, and prioritizing and filtering out which of these will actually bring the most joy or improve my life in a meaningful way can sometimes take up a bit more of my attention than it should. You don’t seem to have that problem, be happy for that and spend the time doing something useful.
    Do some research on the items that interest you or just wait until you need something and don’t have it, you’ll know what to buy soon enough.