1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Suggest Contents for Small Urban EDC Bag

Discussion in 'Where, When, & How Do We Carry All This Stuff?' started by Matt Shepard, Jan 26, 2016.

1. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

I suggested a roll-up water bottle so you could un-roll and use it in a pinch. I don't know that I'd say any particular brand is far and away better than the others.

For real durability, I'd go with a 20 oz water bottle, but you don't have the space for one, not and fit all the other great suggestions.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  2. Matt Shepard

Matt Shepard Loaded Pockets

Okay, I follow you now. That will definitely make selecting one easier. I saw several on a certain site and they had lots of great reviews but some of them seemed to suffer durability issues after a few months of use.

Thanks again!

tmedina likes this.
  3. FeeSimpleAbsolute

FeeSimpleAbsolute Loaded Pockets

I have one made by Vapur, and it has held up pretty well so far, although I've only had it a few months. I bought it because of reviews from people who'd used theirs for more than a year or two.

Right now I am mostly using a Camelbak model I got for free (company swag, kind of thing).

tmedina and Matt Shepard like this.
  4. Matt Shepard

I was checking out the Vapur models and they get a ton of great reviews. I'll probably go with one of them, especially since it'll be rarely used.

I can't blame you for using swag, who doesn't love it?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

5. Lellobeetle

Lellobeetle Loaded Pockets

I didn't read the whole thread but I see most of what I would suggest already listed. I would add, though, that if you work in an office environment I'd add a few office supplies like some small/large paperclips, butterfly clamps and perhaps a mini stapler. Hope this applies to your situation. ;)

Matt Shepard likes this.
  6. nolaradio

nolaradio Loaded Pockets

Last edited by nolaradio, Dec 31, 2018
    #26 nolaradio, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    Matt Shepard likes this.
  7. Weko

Weko Loaded Pockets

For easy access, I hang .5 or 1 oz hand sanitizer on the outside of most of my bags, either from handles, straps or zipper pulls and I have not had a problem with breakage or punctures. Do need to make sure the top is closed after use.
    Currently using vapur water bottles as I found them on clearance and like the larger opening. Otherwise I have a number of promotional and dollar store bottles or hang a purchased bottled water and refill it when I can.
    In 3 x 4" zip top bags I carry Single use packets of otc medications and 4 assorted size adhesive bandages with a individually packaged antibacterial wipe.
    A campers roll of toilet paper, a small packet of wet wipes and a few seat covers in a baggie is something I carry on trips as well. The first time you hand it to your wife will more than justify the cost:)

Matt Shepard and Water-Rat like this.
  8. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

Oooh, I almost forgot - I don't know if anyone else mentioned them before (probably), but OTC medications: aspirin and Pepto-bismal. Especially the Pepto.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  9. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Didn't see it mentioned, but I like light weight (7-10 oz) poncho tarps. Works as rain gear (for more than 1, in a pinch), extra clothing layer for warmth, and emergency shelter. With a baby, also makes a good blanket (folded for 2/3/or4 layers), ground cloth, beach sun shade (with stick or tie-out post). And finally makes a decent solo privacy curtain if in a public place and you need to pee (Gatorade bottle), change into a bathing suit, mother nursing child, or diaper changing.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  10. tmedina

tmedina EDC Junkie!!!!!

*grin* An emergency blanket would also work well, and take up minimal space.

A collapsible bucket could also double as the kitchen sink we're trying to convince you to pack... :rofl:

EZDog, Matt Shepard and reppans like this.
  11. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Yeah Mylar space blankets can work in a similar capacity, and I do carry one as well, but I have to admit that mine are reserved for emergency use only - well, for obvious reasons of durability and appearance, but truth-be-told, because you can never re-fold the dang things back into their original ultra-compact packages ;).

hehe... I do EDC an collapsible bucket (1oz.) - it's my swimming PFD :D.

Matt Shepard and tmedina like this.
  12. baccar-3

baccar-3 Loaded Pockets

Directions to the nearest library.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  13. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

The major problem with baby wipes is they're not flushable. I've found single use flushable wipes in the past, but I'm having trouble finding them again.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  14. Matt Shepard

I like the idea of having some paperclips and butterfly clamps on me. No need for a mini stapler yet but I will keep that in mind. Off to see which little tin will do the job. Thank you!

Honestly, I'm in a similar situation. I don't live very far from work but I am really just enjoying this simple task of gathering items. I'm not really sure how to explain it...anyways.

However, having TP is definitely handy. I already have a roll in my Jeep...luckily in 7 years, I have never needed it. Knock on wood. Thanks for the suggestions!

I like the idea of being able to hang the small hand sanitizers from my bag. I'll think more on that while I use up some of my larger "inside the bag" containers of it. It's good to hear another user carrying the Vapur bottles so that should be one less thing I'll need to further research. As far as FA kits go, it looks like we're on the same page.

I'm really glad you mentioned the individually packaged antibacterial wipes, I need to pick some more up.

Thanks for the tip on the seat covers in a baggie along with everything else. I'm not even going to tell her I have them in there...just going to wait and surprise her.:)

Thanks again!

15. Matt Shepard

Luckily I have the OTC medications covered but I will have to look in to a small container of Pepto. Thanks for the tip!

Good call on the lightweight poncho tarps. I never thought much about how versatile they can be, that's going on the list. Wow, this little bag is starting to get crowded... I like it! Thank you!

Lol, I like that. I will have to look in to the emergency blanket. I know I have one of those in a store bought FAK in my Jeep but it might be handy to have another. Thank you, thank you!

A good point about the emergency blanket, although if I am in a situation where I need to use it I may not care about it folding up so small again. Thanks for the heads up!

Btw, what's a PFD?

I'm sorry, not really understanding the reference if there was one, although the local library is fairly close by. Thanks!

That is an inconvenience and something I have dealt with before. Why just yesterday we were pulling in to the Home Depot parking lot and my kiddo made that grimace so of course we were changing her in the back of the car. (Now when I say, "we" I mean my wife was changing her, of course) I carry some Zip Lock bags just in case there isn't a trash can handy.

All of that just to say, I'm throwing some Zip Locks in there to serve as a catch all.

Thanks for the reminder!

reppans likes this.
  16. Rockman18

Rockman18 Loaded Pockets

I'm guessing that pfd stand for personal flotation device

16VGTIDave and Matt Shepard like this.
  17. Matt Shepard

Oh, right on. Thanks for clearing that up.

18. Kilted1

Kilted1 Loaded Pockets

Check the toilet paper aisle in any grocery store.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  19. jemhouston

jemhouston Loaded Pockets

That's where I check, haven't seen any in awhile. I found the small packages, but they dry out once they're opened.

Matt Shepard likes this.
  20. ArkansasFan30

ArkansasFan30 Loaded Pockets

My EDC bag is the Vanquest Trident 20. I carry it into the office, into the house, but otherwise I just leave it in my truck if I'm out to eat, shopping, etc. I bought it due to its shelf-like internal organization with the premise of using it as an EDC bag / man diaper bag. My wife and I are expecting our first baby. She's actually 8 days past due as of today. That said, I won't keep the diaper stuff in it all the time, however, the space is there for a diaper/cleaning module and a baby clothes/accessories module.

My EDC items consist of an Altoid's tin-based boo boo/comfort kit and bottle of Systane eye drops; prescription glases, case, and lens wipe; Streamlight Protac 2L; trauma shears; LM Wave; water bottle; DSM 5 desk reference; Vanquest maximizer organizer with audio cable, Anker battery, Anker accessory cables, LM bit extender and bits, crescent wrench, small tape measure, paracord, Gorilla tape on a card, zip ties, pencils and mechanical pencils, some larger bandages, envelope, stamps, and spare cash, a variety of paper clips and safety pins; wisps, nail clippers, hand sanitizer, tissue, Blistex; Sharpie, pens, Streamlight Stylus Pro, highlighter, note pad, flashdrive and SD card; 2 AC/USB cables; tablet and bluetooth keyboard case; checkbook; "candy compartment" that's really just mints, gum, and quarters; some Hot Hands; a Smith Pocket Pal, and Bic lighter; one of 2-3 books I might be reading at a time (currently Introducing Emotional Intelligence: A Practical Guide) and sometimes a Glock. I believe there's a bag of trailmix floating around in there and a pair of gloves. I want to buy an additional set of sunglasses to keep in there. That really seems like a lot when you type it all out. Geez. I've been wanting something else for the bag as well, but I can't recall what at the moment. Something ridiculous and unnecessary I bet.