1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Sucker!!!

Discussion in 'Knives' started by DCBman, May 13, 2017.

1. DCBman

DCBman Loaded Pockets

Yeah, I am kind of a sucker for some things. Fixed blade knives are among these things. Specifically, fixed blade knives in the 4" +/- range (just like wheel-guns with 4" barrels too). 3" is just too short, and 5"+ is too long, but show me a 4" fixed blade knife and I'm interested! They can be anywhere from 4" to 4.75", but I'm all in.

In my mind, this sized knife is the ultimate knife. I have many bigger and smaller, some fantastically more expensive, but...well....

So, earlier today I pulled the trigger on a couple of Buck knives. (note...I'm also a sucker for Buck knives (and there's a reason, but I won't bore you with it)). I'm normally a "buy American" guy, but one of the knives was a Buck Selkirk, and the other was the (made in the USA) Buck Compadre. Even though the Selkirk is made in China, it still carries the lifetime Buck warranty, as does the Compadre.

I know y'all will laugh, but for some reason I just had to have these two Bucks.

Hangman likes this.
  2. Thisguy93

Thisguy93 Loaded Pockets

I extensively researched the selkirk but i decided to buy an egkh khukri and use an old hickory instead. It looked nice and all but im really not a fan of stainless. I love 5 inch 1095 blades myself. All that being said, i love the 110. That's one heck of a knife!

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

3. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

That's my fixed blade sweet spot too. Not as crazy about Buck fixed blades but I like their traditional folders.

4. legoman0721

legoman0721 Loaded Pockets

Hey, we're all suckers for something. As long as you like 'em, that's what matters.

Ethos likes this.
  5. Ethos

Ethos Loaded Pockets

Logic of a sick man. Like all of the rest of us. Lol