1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Substitute for rear frame pin on lcp

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by randywolf244, Dec 6, 2017.

1. randywolf244

randywolf244 Loaded Pockets

So ever since I've owned my lcp the rear frame pin has tried to back itself off out every time I shoot it. I tried replacing the pin. No dice. I believe the issue is with the receiver itself. Anybody have any idea for something to replace it with? Like is there any accessories that require that pin to be removed?

2. MCPOWoller

MCPOWoller Loaded Pockets

Yes. If you get the belt clip for it, it comes with a hex head screw that will work. Some people complain about it cutting into their thumb but I’ve never had any problems.

3. reppans

reppans Loaded Pockets

Only firearm I own that consistently does that too - makes the LCP feel cheap.

4. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

Is the pin you're referring to a nylon pin? I found this tidbit on some YouTube comments:
    "The pin you are referring to is an insert pin. They are made of nylon and held in by friction only. Tap out the pin from right to left. You will notice one end is not perfectly round. If you squeeze that end in a bench vice or with a pair of pliers and make it a little more oval in shape, then replace it, that should take care of the drifting issue. If you should need further assistance please call our Service Department at 928/778-6555 between 8 - 4, MST Monday thru Friday, at a time convenient for you. A Ruger Representative will be happy to help you."

Another option is to install the Hogue grip sleeve that comes with a new pin.
    https://www.amazon.com/HOGUE-Handall-Sleeve-Semi-Auto-Pistol/dp/B018CUBJDG?SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2F6RDUSIYCWQMFQ&tag=sa-sym-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B018CUBJDG

5. ItsHardToKnow

ItsHardToKnow Loaded Pockets

Odd, never had that issue on my LCP

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Loaded Pockets

Call Ruger and let them deal with it.

Best customer service in the industry IMO.

LivingUpNorth likes this.