1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice
  1. Blackheart

Blackheart Loaded Pockets

Well, it's pen-like, so I figured this is the forum for this...

Is there an inexpensive, all-around useful stylus that one can use for public touchscreens? You know, the ones at the grocery store or the HomeDepot lockers, or for Amazon lockers, or the Post Office?

These all can be operated with a finger, but I'm not sure if they're resistive or capacitive.

You probably know why I'm asking.

[​IMG]

Last edited by Blackheart, Mar 17, 2020
    #1 Blackheart, Mar 17, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    Moshe ben David and echo victor like this.
  2. sewer_rat

sewer_rat Loaded Pockets

Do a search on Amazon for mini stylus. There's a tiny one that attaches to your keychain and/or attaches to your phone using the 3.5mm jack. They're usually about 6 or 7 bucks.

3. Blackheart

I will have a look and report back. Thanks!

4. Karmakanic

Karmakanic Loaded Pockets

We use Android tablets for work audits. I mentioned to my boss that maybe we should forego client signaures to keep the screen clean. I was told to provide a stylus. I suggested I'd just have a dirty stylus instead of a screen.

5. Blackheart

Yep. Not having to use the same stylus that a hundred other people have used was the reason I was looking for my own. Just wasn't sure what was compatible with the majority of screens out there.

6. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

I use one that looks like a crayon. My son wanted it when he was younger so I him one and ended up liking it myself. Seems to be the only one I've been able to keep up with (or not grow legs).

There is on amazon but I picked mine up from wal mart for like $5
    https://www.amazon.com/Best-Stylus-Kids-Tablets-Screens/dp/B00PQGY2VG

Comes in helpful when my smartarse comes out and I can look at somebody and say let me draw it in crayon so you can understand.

Moshe ben David likes this.
  7. Boudreaux

Boudreaux Loaded Pockets

Moshe ben David likes this.
  8. Ed Humphries

Ed Humphries Empty Pockets

I like to use my Retro Tornado that has pen and a hard plastic stylus - just rotate to what you want. Stylus works well on my nanoVNA touch screen, but not at all on my IPhone7. So your mileage may vary.

9. Blackheart

Picked up one of these off Amazon (~$8) because I like the keychain friendly size:

[​IMG]
    Didn't work on the Amazon Locker screen (capacitive, I think, can't use with gloves). Did work with grocery checkout (resistive, I think). Tip is hollow rubber dome that smooshes when pressure is applied. I was looking for something all-around useful, this wasn't it.

Wow, so much for 2-day Amazon Prime delivery (understandable under the circumstances). Non-essential (not sure how they determine this) orders have a month wait tacked onto them. Not complaining.

<edit> - Does work fine with my Samsung phone and FireHD tablet. That doesn't do me any good, though.

#9 Blackheart, Apr 2, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2020