1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Stuff you'd LIKE to carry, but CAN'T...

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by Lugsalot, Aug 16, 2006.

1. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Well, the rat has the gerbil on edge holding and durability, but the gerbil is legal in more counties and is friendlier to use in public. Also, gerbils carry better IWB, but your mileage may vary.

In the legal department, I'd like to be able to carry a balisong, as it is a very safe knife design. In the financial department, I'd like to carry a really nice flashlight.

2. Ging

Ging Empty Pockets

Great post KeyGrip O0 but..

Isnt IWB only for ferrets? ???

3. KeyGrip

KeyGrip Loaded Pockets

Get into the 21st century, man! Gerbils are the carry system of the future! SOB, IWB, Teeth up, teeth down, you name it! It's funny stuff, but the fact that we are joking about being forced to use rodents as tools should tell us something at this point.
    Ging, would a friction knife be legal for UK carry, as it's non-locking, or would blade lenght be a factor as well?

4. alwilliam

alwilliam Loaded Pockets

I hear all this :censored: about how tight it is in the U.S. Are you dudes minors or felons ??? in my state for example any non-leo over 21YO with out a felony conviction can walk in lay down 50.00 and leave the same day with a CCW permit good for 8 years and then go right down to the local store and leave the same day with a .50AE Desert Eagle hidden and ready to go with a full mag of 300gr rounds...all 100% with in thestate and federal law.

5. samson722

samson722 Empty Pockets

That's it! Where do you hail from? I wanna move in next door!!! Unfortunately, I live in MA, and hopefully will be moving to the People's Republic of Kalifornia... Not that I like their CCW climate in the least, but the new job may very well take me there. Seriously, if I could get away with it outside my local area, I would carry a custom MicroTech SOCOM Elite. I would have them add a glass breaker to it, then it would be the perfect rescue knife for work. At home, not too much legal trouble, but I also am in Boston very often, which is another story altogether. Maybe I should move to VA or RI.... Other things I would like include a H&K USP Compact 9mm, but that ain't in the cards either..as it's not MA legal, and there's no way I'm going to be able to get a CCW in CA....maybe I should just give up and move to the middle of a corn field where I can have fun with all my toys because no one will be around to catch me! Just my .02

Cheers!

Samson

6. samson722

samson722 Empty Pockets

Now that I think about it, if I do end up out west, I may very well go on vacation in Nevada, and take their 35-State CCW Class! I figure holding 3 CCWs that are valid in 35 states will be some decent ammunition (pun intended) :lolhammer: for me to leverage my way into a CCW. Thoughts?

Cheers!

Samson

7. alwilliam

alwilliam Loaded Pockets

Their is still a lot of FREE land in the USA ...move to a free state and remove a non-free states tax base and they will change....ahhh but its just not gonna happen it to hard to pack up,change jobs,move away from loved one...the law makes know this and keep pushing these really bad laws. :-X

8. Dill

Dill Empty Pockets

I tought about this hard.

I have a good woman. A brat for a kid! His wife and his 2 daughters (My sweetys). The bills get paid. We will not starve any time soon.

I have the knife I like. A flashlight that will do what I want of it. A few things on my keys, I have choosen with care and reason. There is one item I am saving for(a Bug Out Bar), But saving will help me apreciate it all the more! (I have to keep telling myself that).

So lets say a dream item I would not get myself. Lets say cost or comon sence is the reason I do not have one. Atwood has a very small neck knife in damascis, I like alot. I still wear my dog tags issued in 1970. I can just see that little knife next to my issued 1970 P38.

Not a big dreamer, But dreams keep us all thinking and thinking is a good thing!

Dill

9. Dill

Dill Empty Pockets

Ok I looked at the Atwood sight! Now I have to get the cleaner for the screen.

The Bug out Blade is what I am saving for! The wife corrected me again! Hate when she chetches me like this! She says I might be able to get it, if nothing comes up, for my B day in Feb.

Wish me luck guys!

Dill

10. charlie fox

charlie fox Loaded Pockets

My wish list includes a Glock 18 and/or Beretta 93R :D

11. gadgetjunky

gadgetjunky Loaded Pockets

Well, in Louisiana there really isn't anything that I couldn't add to my EDC if I wanted to go through the trouble. Switchblades/Automatics are illegal, but I don't have any real desire for them anyway. Other than that, we can carry guns in our cars without permits, can easily get CCW permits, have no formal state knife laws (other than automatics and I think ballistic knives), and basically any sort of impact weapons are legal to own, and it is up to the officier if you are carrying it if you are up to no good. If I wanted to pay (or could afford to pay) the money and go through all the hassle, I could easily add a short barreled shotgun or subgun to my stash for 'heavy days". :D

Living in the deep south still has its advantages (except for those pesky hurricanes...). :lolhammer:

Edit to add:

If I had the cash I really would like to add a Fortis B42 Professional Pilot to my wrist. :-X

12. Stutoffee

Stutoffee Loaded Pockets

Well, IF I could, I'd quite happily EDC a Kabar & a HK USP, but since I live in Englandistan I cant even carry a locking folder LEGALLY. Like the sound of being able to add a shorty shotgun or SMG to my "bag of tricks" though, Hmm, I think a re-location to Louisiana could be on the cards!

13. jggonzalez

jggonzalez Loaded Pockets

A Mini Prybaby can be used to open plastic wrap if you rub the tip hard against the plastic.

If I could carry anything for EDC, it would be the new scimitar I am expecting (see pic). It's made by Lynn Dawson and has an 18" blade. Overall length is around 28". Mine will have white Micarta grips and the handle will be screwed on, not epoxied, for cleaning purposes. Lynn and her uncle Barry really make some nice blades.

Attached Files:

14. hanzo

hanzo Empty Pockets

oooh nice! Do you have a link? And how much, if you don't mind me asking?

15. jggonzalez

16. Lugsalot

Lugsalot EDC Junkie!!!!!

Wow...  :clap:

Awesome purchase, j! O0

17. hanzo

hanzo Empty Pockets

Mahalo jggonzalez

18. jggonzalez

19. happygypsy

happygypsy Loaded Pockets

I would be much more comfortable walking to my car and from the train station at night if we were allowed to carry or even buy or own pepper spray here in eastern Australia!

20. Mister Scribble

Mister Scribble Loaded Pockets

Yes, I hear you. Similar restrictions here in Gotham City.

Since Batman and Captain America died there's been no one to protect the average citizen <wry grin>.

If I could be equipped like a police officer I'd feel a bit better.