1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Stuff you want but don't have the extra cash for.

Discussion in 'General EDC Discussion' started by epicelite, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Brules

Brules Loaded Pockets

Thats exactly what I spent my money on, plus a Stoner Leather wallet holster.
    I was lucky, my CCW class cost $65.

2. P35

P35 Loaded Pockets

I would love to have a large Sebenza. I have absolutely no "need " for one. I have several large folders, but if I had the "extra" cash..............

3. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

Kifaru.
    Navigator. Koala. Woobie. Paratipi. Woodstove. And all those straps and belts and pockets and sacks to go along with it. Plus a Wiggy's or two.

4. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

A Kahr MK9. I carry a SIG 229 now, and it is a great pistol, but a bit large in the summer months.
    I just had a kid 3 months ago though, so it might be a while til I get the cash for that little jewel.

5. matthammer

matthammer Loaded Pockets

A girlfriend.

j/k

Nah, probably a MacBook Pro. Either that, or one of Bendix/King's new aviation GPS units.

6. godcode

godcode Loaded Pockets

Maxpedition EDC Jumbo
    5.11 Tactical Rush 12
    Hazard 4 evac _photo_recon™

Surefire 6P Defender
    Smith And Wesson Tactical Pen
    Leatherman multitool
    Spork

i'm planning to buy those but just don't have the money. :(

7. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

This thread is sheer EDC :censored:...LOL

8. Doctor_Tattoo

Doctor_Tattoo Loaded Pockets

I really want the Surefire Saint Headlamp but at $185 it's kinda pricy. I'm going to get it though.....Soon. Probably after I buy the Maxpedition Falcon 2 that I want.

One thing that would have made this list but I recently bought was the Benchmande Infidel. Sweet knife, if you've never seen/heard of it then look it up. Only reason I bought it was it goes for $450 on Benchmade's website, but I got it for $279. Just couldn't pass that one up.

Shawn

9. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

Look up Saint Minimus. Somewhat lower in price. Does the same thing minus the AA battery thing. Falcon 2. What can I say except no more Vulture. No more Condor. I even prefer the name since it's not a scavenger. The Falcon is a hunter.

10. Doctor_Tattoo

Yeah, I looked at the minimus, I kind of like the regular Saint since it has a longer battery life and the flexibility of the AA battery deal, plus it comes with the parts to make it into the minimus as well.

Shawn

11. Sicknsore

Sicknsore Empty Pockets

Let see..
    1. Macbook pro (15 inch will do)
    2. Canon eos 5D mkII (and some of their L series lenses),
    3. Tad Gear Fast Pack PS 2
    4. Tad Gear Stealth Hoodie Reloaded V2 in urban brown (not come out yet but even when it came, i dont think i can afford it)

12. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

That's right. I'd forgotten about the Transformer aspect of the Saint! That's it. Your budget's on the slippery slope! LOL

13. Doctor_Tattoo

it's only money anyway......LOL

14. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

Doctor_Tattoo, I ended up with the Minimus myself. I figured it would take up less space. Plus these days I prefer single CR123A lights. Even though for years on end I hadn't had any problems whatsoever with multiple CR123A lights, I had a panic moment when I read that sticky "FYI Potential Safety Issues With CR1123A Lithium Batteries".

15. Doctor_Tattoo

Do you like it so far? Are you able to change the angle at which it shines? Like at the ground or whatever when you walk? Still up in the air as to wheather or not to cough up the $$$ for it yet.

Shawn

16. Lord Bear

Lord Bear Loaded Pockets

No real opportunity yet. I have used headlamps for work before but not the Minimus. Sometime in spring/summer when graveyard hours might be a possibility that might change. For now it's in the bag as my one and only go to hands free light. When I first got it I of course turned out the lights and used it for reading at home after work. Far as I can tell it works like the T1A's "dimmer" switch. Did adjust angle to get it right but with the wide angle beam it was hardly necessary. Didn't walk around outside or navigate obstacle course so I can't speak to that :lolhammer: As for the cost, there are umpteen options for less $$. But I'm a Surefire fan from way back so I'm biased. As a general rule I prefer to get the best as long as budget allows. Still keep Photon's headlamps (3xAA and a bit largeish) but got rid of the others (coin cell lights). Those coin cells weren't bright enough for me. I can tell you that if you ever invest in a Surefire you won't regret it. (Dang Doc! You got me thinking of another Minimus! Just for backup of course! :sigh: )

17. Jay PS

Jay PS Loaded Pockets

Boy it doesn't take a lot of thought to make a list of this kind. My two major wants at this point are the new Luminox Navy Seal blackout watch and the Garmin GPS 60GSx. I've spent quite a bit on bags lately so they are going to have to wait a while. I'm finally going to be wrapping up my masters soon and I could justify giving myself a "gift" for the occasion.

http://www.lapolicegear.com/luminox-3051-blackout-watch.html

and the GPS

http://www.amazon.com/Garmin-GPS-60CSx-Handheld-Navigator/dp/B000CSOXTO/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I1OP6R7OVYHQ4V&colid=2UEVZQHF0FXF4

18. hawkmoon69

hawkmoon69 Empty Pockets

hinderer xm-18 flipper

strider SMF cc, black g10 stonewashed

strider PT CC and regular...to see which I like better

I want to start exploring surefires and other tactical lights...havent even ventured into that arena yet

sorry about the multiple posts...just trying to jump through the sales forum hoops (need 15 posts)

oh..an elishawitz (sp) tank flipper. those look pretty freaking solid

---------------------------
    Your posts have been merged. "Jumping through hoops" is not appreciated.

-Valolammas
    :baa:

19. LivingUpNorth

LivingUpNorth Loaded Pockets

Sweet! The F-4 has always been my favorite plane for as long as I remember. I used to watch them (Kentucky ANG Recon models) fly over the city as a kid back in the 80s and hear that lovely howl.
    Got to see a QF-4E fly at Mountain Home AFB in 2008 as part of the Heritage Flight. I wonder how many more years that will even be possible?

I don't have the cash, but would love a ride in the F-4D owned by the Collings Foundation.
    http://www.collingsfoundation.org/tx_f-4dphantom_training.htm

..Oh, and a RAT RC-6p, and Maxped Kodiak in Foliage if I am to be a little more realistic.

20. doinitharder

doinitharder Empty Pockets