1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Streamlight Stylus Pro

Discussion in 'Flashlights & Other Illumination Devices' started by Jedi Knife, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Jedi Knife

Jedi Knife Loaded Pockets

I just wanted to express my admiration for this little light. I bought one when they first came out- I loved it then, but the switch was so tight it was nearly impossible to fully engage it. I had to make the tough decision to send it back. Since then I have also heard people say the switch took significant pressure to click in, so I have kept waiting in the hopes of improvements being made in latter models. Well the one I got the other day from Lighthound is great, I'm pleased to say. Although the switch does take a little more pressure to click than some other lights, it is completely operable. I do believe that the first one I got was simply a bad one (happens to nearly all lights from time to time). This is an amazing little light! Intense, cool white hotspot with no artifacts, great throw, perfect form factor. The anodizing is awesome too- it's got a nice, grippy texture to it. Even though I've got brighter lights with neat features, I am going to spend a lot of time carrying this one. For the money, I don't know if this can be beat.

2. Styerman

Styerman Empty Pockets

I am a big Stylus pro fanboy. You also need to try the Micro Stream (the single cell version ) . Only beef - the clip broke , no biggie ; replaced it with the clip off a pocket Superlube dispenser. BTW , an EMT buddy likes the tint and color rendering. Personally I like the stiff clicky ,works for momentary operation , accidental operation is near impossible .

Chris

3. flip

flip Empty Pockets

I really like the Micro Stream. It always goes to work with me. It came in handy the other night when the batteries ran down in my Surefire. It got me through what I was doing until I could get back to my car to swap out batteries.

4. MusicPhan

MusicPhan Loaded Pockets

I've been looking at getting either the Stylus Pro or the Micro Stream from Lighthound to keep in my pocket or organizer to get me from the car to the house in the dark. The best light I have at the moment is one of the Lighthound freebies on my keychain; how would these compare? What's the difference between the Micro Stream and the Stylus Pro? I don't see well to begin with, so the more light, the better!

Thanks,

-- Steph (flashlight newbie)

5. FinnFreak

FinnFreak Empty Pockets

[img width=487 height=640]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o212/Perkele_13/crktzillastyluspru.jpg[/img]

ive owned one for some time and i really like it,its powerful enough,uses common batteries,takes beating and is yet rather compact.

6. SALT

SALT Loaded Pockets

I got one and really liked it... Then I dropped it and it hasn't worked since :brickwall: I hope i just got a dud, because I really liked the form factor, switch and batteries

7. NeonLights

NeonLights Loaded Pockets

I've had both a SL Microstream and Stylus Pro around a year or so. Love them both, even bought another Microstream so I could cannibalize the switch and body to use with a Fenix L0D. Great blend of runtime and brightness, hard to go wrong for the great price these sell at.