1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Stormtracker's "Paddle Pack" CCW and EDC models

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by stormtracker, Mar 28, 2010.

1. stormtracker

stormtracker Loaded Pockets

Im sure many here had seen the older thread "Stormtracker's newest product". Thank you all for the feedback.

I took and did some improvements to the pack. I made it so the zipper encompasses all the way down the sides. I used 1.5" Elastic near the bottom on the sides to keep it from opening without the users intent. if you look closely below at the pic you will see the retention elastic Im talking about.

[​IMG]

Of course you can see the paddle that is integrated on the back in the pic below. This fits nicely on your side and drawing the weapon seemed pretty smooth with the included adjustable holster. The dimensions are 5 x 7 x 3 roughly so it is ideal for small frame autos like the Ruger LCP. The weapon I have in the picture is the Kel Tec P11 it is a small 9mm and it fits nice. i want to thank my BIL for letting me borrow his piece. : )

[​IMG]

In the pic below you can see how the small pack opens all the way around. In the picture above you can see the bottom of the pack and how far you can unzip it. With the prototype I was having difficulty accessing the items in the pack until I modified it as it is now. It works really nice.

[​IMG]

I will be offering these in an EDC model as well it will basically just be the same admin panel in the CCW model pictured above on both sides.

They are up on the site already. I will be putting up a For Sale thread in the custom gear section soon.

Of course I will offer some customizations like a belt loop on back with some 2" milspec webbing instead of the Paddle. This will knock about $20 off the price. Another idea I had was to put a pocket on the outside to put your wallet or cellphone in if you are wanting to access those without opening the pack and soemone seeing your ccw.

Feedback is appreciated. I think this will be an awesome and innovational item. I like it alot after carrying it for a period of time and my BIL was ecstatic when I gave him the one above for his birthday party last night. : )

I hated to part with it, but I figured it was a good thing to do since he let me borrow his handgun for the pics. : )

2. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

First of all , SUPER NICE WORK ! ..
    So to make it clear, if I order the EDC model with Molle instead of a belt loop how much would it cost ?
    I would assume the same price because of the extra work or more ?
    Just interested because it would go very nicely on any pack or bag with Molle on it .. ,)
    Oh and how about the extra pocket on the front too ?

BE WELL .. GH

3. stormtracker

Thanks for the feedback Griffinhawks Ill sned you a PM since technically this sint a for sale thread just a show and tell thread ; )

4. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

Woops ! My bad got excited .. :stupid:

BE WELL .. GH

5. Soulriot
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Soulriot EDCF Rule Enforcer
    Staff Member

Any chance to see an action shot of someone wearing it and then drawing the gun from it? My only concern would be the contents falling out from the pockets. Also maybe a LEO version with a place for badge and handcuffs?

6. stormtracker

Sorry Soulriot I gave that one in the pics to my BIL for his BD. He is the first official owner. : )

I can appreciate your concern however let me assure you that the 1.5" Elastic on both sides will retain the pack closed when opening. The beauty of it is. If you need to you can open it all the way open so you can have easy access to all of the contents if you desire. The first pic shows how far you can open it.

I will try to get some pics soon to alleviate fears. But Im certain this one will be a winner. Your stuff falling out shouldnt be an issue unless you unzip it all the way and go jogging down the street for a 1/4 mile. You would have the same issue with any pouch in that case.

As far as customizations go, you're a good customer and I would happily make you one that will accommodate your handcuffs and badge. : )

ST

7. lonewolfranger

lonewolfranger Loaded Pockets

Very cool indeed. You should get alot of orders for this project. Great work!!

8. rkdn28

rkdn28 Empty Pockets

Gotta admit, I'm sorta drooling about this particular product of yours. :)

How well would a S&W M&Pc .40 work in that pack? The examples mentioned are single-stack pocket pistols. Going solely by specs (6.7" x 4.3" x 1.2" --- see http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&catalogId=11101&langId=-1&productId=51902&tabselected=tech&isFirearm=Y&parent_category_rn=15711 for the official site) it might fit in there --- but how well? Or do you think that the M&Pc would be just a bit too big to be practical?

9. Missed

Missed Loaded Pockets

Great idea! this would be great to using backpacking if there is a way to attach it to the hip belt on my pack.

10. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

This thread is 2 years old & he has come a long way since then.

It is available here and I am sure that he would be happy to customize the pouch for you if you contact him.