1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Stormtracker's next project? Should I build the Unikit Mini?

Discussion in 'EDC Bags' started by stormtracker, May 1, 2010.

1. m1ster s

m1ster s Loaded Pockets

Perfect?

2. lonewolfranger

lonewolfranger Loaded Pockets

I still think this is a great idea....Anyone agree???

3. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

How about 7"x4"x2" so you can put a checkbook in it ?
    7" height is also good to carry a flashlight in it like the Fenix LD20 .. Outside pockets for light and folder ?

BE WELL .. GH

4. lonewolfranger

His large unikit is already close to this size, I have one, it holds ALOT of gear. Best organizer I ever bought, probably my last, unless this small version is made....???

5. GRIFFINHAWKS

GRIFFINHAWKS Banned

It's true, a fine piece of craftsmanship ! (from what I can see by the images ,) ..
    I was just thinking the (7"x4"x2") dimensions would streamline it a bit and have room for 'taller' items and more 'everyday' type function hence maybe a check book ?
    It could be a glorified Tactical/Biker/Passport SUPER WALLET ! That would be EXTREMELY COOL <) !
    Just a thought ..

BE WELL .. GH

6. lonewolfranger

Yep, I see your point on that as well. I have a SpecOps Brand checkbook cover and it fits in my large unikit with no problems. A slimmer design could be useful. I am hoping for a wallet/organizer design. If Stormtracker decides against this project, I will purchase SpecOps shoulder pocket wallet. I'm just putting it off for now until we get word. I can get it in a few days, so no big rush.

7. jsmitty1967
    • In Omnia Paratus

jsmitty1967 Go Big Blue

What ever configuration you come up with I would be game for anything in the 5X3 size range. That said this is what I would like to see. Two open pockets on the face of the piece for quick access to a single cell flashlight, and a knife or MT. From there the entier piece would clam shell open with loops for smaller gear one one side and maybe a slip pocket on the other side. Kind of a cross between Bills Urban Wallet and a pocket organizer. Also like a larger mission wallet with a full clamshell zipper and some organization.

8. squatch

squatch Loaded Pockets

I like the wallet/organizer concept.

Something thin enough to fit in a back pocket when not stuffed with tools, but flexible enough to be used as a cargo-pant organizer if really loaded up. Space for a pen, small tools, 3x5 notepad, credit cards, cash, and ID. I have a maxped 3.5 notebook holder and would like something similarly sized but more storage options to allow it to also serve as a wallet. I carry a wallet and the notebook holder now and it would be super cool to be able to combine the functions of both into one compact organizer.

9. lonewolfranger

I agree, alot of people could put this to good use! I'd take a couple...

10. swampinboy

swampinboy Loaded Pockets

right on target squatch! I am with lonewolfranger, take a couple!

11. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

Love the look of your stuff ST..........any chance of foliage in the future ?

12. stormtracker

stormtracker Loaded Pockets

Thanks for all of the feedback guys.

Im working on catching up on orders and then I will get crackin on this new design. I need to get some # 8 Zipper I think the #9 I have on hand would be too large.

I will play with the dimensions.

Mike M, I would like to do foilage but Im strapped for cash it costs me about $900 - $1200 to add a color to my production line.

13. MikeM

MikeM Loaded Pockets

I understand ST...........I hope in the near future success allows you to expand.

Mike

14. lonewolfranger

Well fellas, all we can do now is sit back and wait. I'm sure we will all be impressed ; )

15. Dizos
    • +1 Supporter

Dizos Loaded Pockets

Here are my design thoughts. I have EDC'd a front pocket organizer (modified Bill's Urban Wallet) for a long time now. It holds a small folder (Strider PT), a small LED (EX10), Space Pen, Zippo and assorted flat items (subway cards, bandaids, microfiber cloth). For me the key features in a front pocket organizer is that it is (1) thin enough to be comfortable to wear and (2) that items can be removed and replaced while still in the pants pocket.

This pocket organizer is about 4" wide, 4.75" tall and 1.5" thick when full with the items listed above. This is a bit thicker than I would like it to be, but I can live with it. The 4" x 4.75" footprint fits perfectly in all of my pants pockets. You could even increase the height to > 5" if you wanted.

The Unikit wraparound zipper clamshell design is perfect for a pocket organizer. I would align the internal organizing slots so they are both accessible from the top and I would not use much elastic as this will increase the thickness of the organizer and would be difficult to use while in the pants pocket. I would make the zipper reversible so that the organizer can be used with the internal organizing slots exposed while in your pants pocket. This would allow you to access and replace items while it is still in your pocket. Then, if you want to stow your organizer, you reverse the zipper so that the organizing slots are safely closed inside.

16. billybag
    • In Omnia Paratus

billybag Loaded Pockets

Dizos that sounds great.
    ST can't wait to see what you put out I was going to buy T.H.E. Wallet from spec op. I'm going to wait .
    Thank you

17. lonewolfranger

Same here, I started to order SpecOps shoulder wallet and saw this thread...I will wait as well to see what becomes of this ; )

18. xm8

xm8 Banned

3x5 will fit in a pocket. It will weigh down your pocket if you carry a larger size when it's all filled up.