1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Stockpile medication supply

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by Biff..., Jul 30, 2016.

1. Biff...

Biff... Loaded Pockets

My wife and I were recently told that our son will have to take a daily pill for his thyroid. I'd like to include a good supply of this medication in my preps.

How does everyone store their medication supply?

2. bpa

bpa Loaded Pockets

I take various medications daily. When I travel, I carry them in a plastic pill box with the days of the week. Cheap at any drugstore.
    That said, don't carry more than 2 more than what you will need for whatever time you are away from your prescription bottle. The daily boxes are good anyway because you (and he) can tell easily whether he has had the daily dose.

I have family members who started taking thyroid medicine from age 9 (one excellent pediatrician thought she saw a goiter, measured, and was right). Good medical offices will set up peer counseling (one- or two times) for children starting out with it - it's a lifetime commitment.

Maybe check to make sure he's taking it, but it's his life and should be his responsibility. Make it a routine. It's empowering, at least in my experience.

PM me if you wish.

3. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

Second the motion for the pill boxes with days of the week. I take a whole variety of meds daily and this is the best way for me to arrange when I travel. I usually pack at least 2~3 days extra 'ration'. Only Murphy knows for sure...

One note, especially for international travel. Bring copies of doctor's prescriptions with you. Some countries are more vigilant on containers of unmarked pills and such...! Plus could be helpful in case something gets lost or you need to obtain more.

Happy Trails!

Moshe ben David