1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

stm's edc

Discussion in 'Show us pics of your EDC!' started by stm, Sep 2, 2010.

1. stm

stm Loaded Pockets

2. somber

somber Banned

I like your style, nice pocket dump! How bright is the M31 dropin/battery life do you get, if you don't mind? :) Thanks!

3. stm

stm Loaded Pockets

Gene's new M31 puts out about 230 lumens. I haven't used it too much since I got it, but other users are reporting about forty to forty-five minutes of use on a single CR123 before it drops out of regulation and starts to dim. After that, a few hours of slowly dimming output. I had an M30 variant before, and this is a nice upgrade.

stm

4. stm

stm Loaded Pockets

Recent pocket dump.

[​IMG]

Big Skinny L-shape, 4Seven Quark AA Tactical, SOG Flash I, Pilot G2 0.38, Rite in The Rain, Omron Pedometer, Casio MTG910.

Just another variation of gear to fit the occasion/situation.

stm

5. johnyb3000

johnyb3000 Loaded Pockets

Interesting to me that the pedometer made it into two pocket dumps 8 months apart, to the day. you must truly enjoy keping track or have other uses for it that I for one would love to hear about. Nice flashlight upgrade. I am a big benchmade fan so sad to see the mini grip sidelined but that is just me. Nice looking gear.

6. mrjam3s

mrjam3s Loaded Pockets

Nice, looks great!

7. stm

stm Loaded Pockets

The Omron Pedometer is compact and easy to carry. Just slip it in any pocket and forget it. I carry it because my doctor wants me to drop a few pounds. I'm shooting for 10,000 steps a day, but most days I am 7-8k steps.

The the only advantage the Quark has over the SureFire/Malkoff combo is being multi mode. The E1B/M31 is brighter and runs a bit longer. Not much difference in size, but the Quark Tactical has a good UI and low power option. Malkoff M31 has a much nicer tint.

This is what I happened to be carrying at work that day. Outside work, I like my Benchmade Mini Barrage and sometimes a SureFire. The Mini Grip is a great little knife, and it holds a place of honor in my backup EDC kit.

stm

8. zuggzugg

zuggzugg Loaded Pockets

Do you mind mentioning the reasoning behind the watch swap? I like both of those Casios, but wonder what made you change em up?

9. stm

stm Loaded Pockets

I love Casio G-Shocks. The GW530 and the MTG910 have nearly identical features. In fact, they share the same instruction manual. The MTG910 comes with a black steel wrist band, but I swapped it out with a rubber strap to keep the weight down. I prefer the MTG910 because the digits are larger and easier to read. Also, the GW530 has three shiny rings on the display, not as "stealthy" as the MTG910.

At about $100 less, the GW530 holds a place of honor in my backup EDC kit. It's nice that it functions EXACTLY like my primary watch.