1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Still looking... getting a little desperate.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Rocket2012, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Rocket2012

Rocket2012 Loaded Pockets

Im sure there is already 10 miles of pages on this topic. If so Im sorry just point me in the right direction. I am still looking for a spyderco para2. Any blade/scale combo would do.

Anyone know where to find one (not on ebay)?

2. J_C
    • In Omnia Paratus

J_C Loaded Pockets

The demand for those knives far outstrips the supply. You'll either have to just wait, or find a dealer that takes advance orders.

3. KeyeEl

KeyeEl EDC Junkie!!!!!

They are for sale on bladeforums all the time. You will most likely have to pay for one instead of trading.

jacobwilson99 likes this.
  4. amacman
    • In Omnia Paratus

amacman Loaded Pockets

Bladehq lets you set up an email notification when they're in stock. IF you order within 15 minutes of the email you'll probably get one.

Mighty Max likes this.
  5. Minibear453
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Minibear453 Loaded Pockets

Have you ever held a PM2? It's nothing special IMO. It's a great, solid knife, but Spyderco makes many great, solid knives. To be honest, if I had $150, the paramilitary would not be my first choice. It has a massive following, but I'm just saying that there are many more great knives that, in my case, has outshone the PM2.

jacobwilson99 and willydigger like this.
  6. Mumbojumboo
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

Mumbojumboo EDC Junkie!!!!!

I believed the hype on Striders and sebenzas also. I sold those knives and have a para2.

Bravo_Kilo, thwippa, Vesp and 2 others like this.
  7. KOKUSHI MUSOU

KOKUSHI MUSOU Loaded Pockets

It and the Yojimbo2 are their only Compression Lock knives with the latest super steels. Also, I think one of the main draws of the PM2 is that it is nothing special.

8. that_stupid_kydd

that_stupid_kydd Loaded Pockets

my local knife store has a few for $135 (canadian)in plain edge with digital camo scales. they also have it in all black for $150 and camo scales with black blade for $150

Last edited by that_stupid_kydd, Apr 21, 2013
  9. willydigger

willydigger Loaded Pockets

I agree with the above. I see them frequently on Bladeforums and in the Cove on USN. I can't really comment on the knives you're trading since I don't know about them, but you'll likely have to pay for one, and I don't know that I would overpay. There is a lot of hype, be careful not to get caught up in it.

10. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

Spyderco said they are working on more now... I imagine there will be a frenzy of scalpers and people who have been waiting snatching up the first ones that come out, but hopefully the supply will eventually catch up with the demand and you will eventually be able to get one for normal prices within a few months.

I gave up on the Para2. Eventually I might buy one if I see a good deal, but paying $160 for a $100 knife that is still in production seems like a bad investment.

11. Dr Jekell
    • Administrator
    • In Omnia Paratus

Dr Jekell I had fun once, It was awful.
    Staff Member

OP - You have incoming.

Also I would like to remind you & everyone else of a sub section of Rule #9:

Basically any thing to do with BST must be done in the BST section.

12. Rocket2012

Rocket2012 Loaded Pockets

Awesome thanks guys. I live locally to bladehq and have been haunting them quite a bit. I agree on the hype issue. I will cool my heels and wait for em to slow down in popularity. Paying 150-200 for knife that lists out at 119.00 bladehq is a poor choice. Thanks for all the input. I will post things like this in the appropriate place from now on.

13. keycutter

keycutter Loaded Pockets

14. Evil D

Evil D Loaded Pockets

All hype aside, when you buy something simply because it's hard to get and you're desperate, that's usually when you find some flaw in it and regret it. Wait until they're $100 again and readily available (they will be) and then buy one, and you'll understand the hype. For $100 they're a fantastic knife. For $200, they better have some exotic steel, or else S30V just isn't worth it. I did pay $220 for my 20CP Para 2, but IMO it's still worth it. That knife was a bargain at $180 when they were first released.

15. bh49

bh49 Loaded Pockets

I believe that Spyderco released some couple weeks ago. There are some on Amazon, but delivery time is terrible.