1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Star spangled banner performance leads to controversy, thoughts?

Discussion in 'The Breakroom' started by BBoost, Jan 30, 2011.

1. BBoost

BBoost Empty Pockets

haha well i spologize for starting it lol but i just wanted to know what everyone else thought, in particular the fact this story was #1 on my yahoo news feed the day i posted it. like REALLY?!?! number 1?!?!! there is no #1 spot-worthy news stories in our current day and age.... hard tyo believe.

killshot #2 griff? lol

2. Wstan

Wstan Loaded Pockets

From Yahoo News quoting Aguilera: "I can only hope that everyone could feel my love for this country and that the true spirit of its anthem still came through," she said in a statement after the performance.
    When she was supposed to sing the line "O'er the ramparts we watched, were so gallantly streaming," she instead repeated an earlier line, with a slight variation.
    She sang, "What so proudly we watched at the twilight's last reaming," repeating and mangling an earlier lyric, with the word `watched' instead of `hailed' and `reaming' instead of `gleaming.'

As far as youth as an excuse she's almost 30 with some obviously very bad plastic surgery.

3. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

She should not have "watched the twilights last reaming.". LOL!

4. tower
    • In Omnia Paratus

tower Loaded Pockets

As if you wouldn't!

5. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

The way she kept opening up her mouth to belt out instead of actually sing the lyrics, for goodness sake; I thought she was going to swallow half the fans. The giant amount of big red clown lipstick didn't help either.

6. jehan60188

jehan60188 Loaded Pockets

I don't care for this rendition. I never liked the words of the national anthem, it was the tune I liked more. She should sing America The Beautiful; that would suit her better.
    She's a talented performer, but by no means should she compose.

Nothing I'd get the news reporters in for, but I can understand why people might get upset.

7. muskrat72

muskrat72 Loaded Pockets

Wow.

I just watched Christinas version on Youtube and I am utterly appalled. The girl in the original posting did an excellent job compared to this.

But nothing beats Beyonce when it comes to Super Bowl openers. IMHO.

[video=youtube;7GzlGMxJO7U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GzlGMxJO7U[/video]

8. Monocrom

Monocrom Loaded Pockets

Now that's how its supposed to be sung . . . The right :censored: way.