1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Spyderwrench

Discussion in 'MultiTools and Other Pocket Tools' started by JonSidneyB, Apr 3, 2006.

1. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I am saddened that this is no longer in production.

It hand a real working cresant wrench and the screwdriver secion seperated allowing it to so something I have not seen other multi tools do.

I hope something like it comes this way again, but titanium in as many of the parts as possible. It was a bit heavy.

2. a deadly fart

a deadly fart Empty Pockets

Rumor has it that spyderco is suppose to release a new multitool around summer time this year. Spyderwrench also pops up on ebay every now and then.

3. Pydpiper

Pydpiper Empty Pockets

I just Googled that tool, I don't understand why it isn't still around.. The ability to separate to perform t functions is priceless.

4. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I don't think it sold well for them....To me it is a perfect multitool of you ever need a wrench and screwdriver. It could have used a better knife blade but it was easy to open with the famouse spyder hole on it.

5. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I hope the new Spyderco tool will be an improved Spyderwrench. Better knife blade and titanium frame please.

6. Lazermonkey

Lazermonkey Empty Pockets

just googled it and drooled alittle. I can't wait to see what is comeing out this summer. Hey and Titainium would be great.

7. Jakpro

Jakpro Loaded Pockets

It was not that it did not sell so much as it was very difficult for them to machine. They had alot of production problems.

I had one, but it was too heavy for me and it was very difficult to deploy. It was a high quality tool, though. The designer put alot of good thought into it.

8. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

what was wrong with the blade on them ?
    it is 440c stainless, ok so its not a great steel like CPM-S30V or VG-10 but it is a hell of a lot better than the 420HC that leatherman uses.
    i love my spyderwrench, although i prefer to carry a easy to replace leatherman (my spyderwrench lives in a display cabinet as it is a discontinued model)
    if i had a spare or two i would be carrying it every day

9. Darksabre

Darksabre Loaded Pockets

I saw a new Spyderwrench at the Spyderco meet in Leeds UK, in March. Unfortunately I didn't get too good a look at it but if you ask nicely on the Spyderco forums I'm sure someone will have more details.

10. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

I willl carry it until it is dead. I carry it to use it but only use it when I need it.

When its dead, I will have to start carrying a cresent wrench with me. Most of the stuff on the leatherman, I never use but someday I might. The Spyderwrench does 90% or the real work.

I have worked on some big things with the spyderwrench. The Blade....I had a tough time with a radiator hose and many other things. It has nicks that my other knife blades do not have doing the same jobs.

11. 7k7k99

7k7k99 Loaded Pockets

The Spyderench looked like a great multitool, but I was never able to obtain one. However it looked like it might be a nightmare to take apart and put back together. So now I have a Leatherman New Wave along with my older Gerber 600 from US Calvary.

12. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

once you are used to it...you can take it apart and put together blindfolded with ease

13. Deaths Head

Deaths Head Banned

Sorry guys, it will be a few years before a new Spyderwrench will be produced. It will be done though according to Sal. They just have so many other projects lined up. After they huge batch of knives be release during the year, next on the list is the Salsa II, Jester II and Spyderwrench II. These ain't even on the drawing board yet. You can find out more info at the forums at Spyderco.com.

14. Darksabre

Darksabre Loaded Pockets

Just browsing one of the UK knife stores (http://www.heinnie.com/) and saw they have the Spyderench in stock, so i just had to order one. ;D

15. heathah

heathah Loaded Pockets

They do have them in stock? I just checked the website and it looks like availability is questionable.

16. Codeman

Codeman Loaded Pockets

I'll be interested in seeing the new SpyderWrench. I did have one of the originals for a short time but retured it. There was something about the handles and offset that I didn't like.

17. Cordless

Cordless Empty Pockets

I really hope the Spyderench II makes it to production. The Spyderench is a favorite tool. I've finally gave in to the urge to purchase a back-up off of E-Bay. Payed almost twice the amount of the first Rench I purchased. I've always been satisfied with the Rench blade, but I have not pushed it past the steels limitations.

18. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member

Years!!! Years!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

19. Darksabre

Darksabre Loaded Pockets

Here's a quote by Tazkristi from the Spyderco froum.
    "We have not re-released the Spyderench yet. We do anticipate doing so later this year, but nothing is final yet."

also about the ones from Heinnie
    "Our mistake, what is listed is in fact an authentic new Spyderench. We had a small quantity come in and they were mistakenly shipped out to an international customer."

20. JonSidneyB
    • Administrator

JonSidneyB Uber Prepared
    Staff Member