1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Spyderco Sage 2 vs Domino vs Techno

Discussion in 'Knives' started by Berk Ozatay, Aug 12, 2016.

1. Berk Ozatay

Berk Ozatay Loaded Pockets

Hello dear forum members. I love to hear opinions of people on the knives before i buy them. Last time my knife duel was Dragonfly vs MiniGriptilian. By your great opinions and messages i chose to get a mini griptilian. Now i am looking forward to upgrade my edc with a titanium handled blade. I'd love to hear your opinions on these knives and which one you would get. Again in my country import taxes are so high that Sage is 350 $ , techno is 300 $ and domino is 350 $. Thank you for your comments in advance.

2. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

I don't have the Sage 2 but do have the 3 with blue G10, I like the Sage great size for office EDC, good blade steel and the bolt lock on the 3 is very smooth. I have the Bento box 204P Domino and it is probably the smoothest flipper Spyderco I own again great size for gentleman carry, I think the BBS Domino is the best one of all Domino's. I also have the Techno, its a tank of a little knife, very popular piece for Spyderco. I never carry mine though, I like a bigger blade and the blade stock on the Techno is too thick for me, not a very good slicer but it is still a pretty cool piece. Have you considered the Slysz Bowie, probably the finest Ti piece Spyderco makes in my opinion, kinda spendy but so worth it.

3. jame

jame Empty Pockets

I have the Techno, and it's been a great addition to the rotation. It's built like a wrecking ball, albeit a very sharp one. It carries easy, and it takes and holds a very sharp edge. Lockup is solid and tight. This is a lightweight, that's no lightweight.

I guess I can sum it up like this:

Pros: Sharpens easy and holds the edge well. It's a mini crowbar sharpened like a razor.

Cons: It's pretty small, so it can be a little clumsy. The blade is thick, so simple tasks like opening envelopes can be a challenge. Opening car doors is a cinch.

4. iacchus

iacchus Loaded Pockets

I carried the Sage 2 from the week it came out until not too long ago. It knocked a Sage 1 out of my pocket.

I bought other knives during this time, but nothing bested the Sage and I kept going back to it.

It took a Sebenza to keep me from carrying it. The Sage is a great knife.

5. O_G

O_G Loaded Pockets

Sage 2 > Techno > Domino

iacchus likes this.