1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Spyderco Fan Club & Picture Thread, Part 2.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Jan 29, 2015.

1. gingerninja

gingerninja Loaded Pockets

Another piece of the HAP40 collection arrived today.

[​IMG]

2. 017

017 Loaded Pockets

3. Todd C.

Todd C. Loaded Pockets

Hello from Texas U.S.A everyone. I am a first time poster here but a long time reader. I just recently purchased my first Spyderco (PM 2 with DLC blade) and I am now addicted. I am ready for a second purchase but I am really torn between the CF Sage 1 and the always popular Delica. I know they dont have quite the same price point but thats not what my decision will be based on. I love how classic and popular the Delica is, however the Sage 1 is just so pleasing to the eye. Has anyone handled both? What do yall think?

Patrick87 and Water-Rat like this.
  4. Bohawg

Bohawg Loaded Pockets

Welcome to another Texan!
    I have both the Delica and the Sage in multiple configurations. The Delica is a great classic, however the Sage a great piece and I preferred carrying the Sage over the Delica, mostly because of the way out looks and feels

Patrick87 and Todd C. like this.
  5. Todd C.

Todd C. Loaded Pockets

Thanks Bohawg. I have been leaning more and more towards the Sage. Are there any other "Must Haves" to kickstart my collection?

Patrick87 likes this.
  6. Bohawg

Bohawg Loaded Pockets

Now every Spyderco collector must have an Endura! In whatever steel, color or configuration, you must posess one... it's a great all-around knife.

Patrick87, marcclarke and Todd C. like this.
  7. Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen

Reidar Chr. L. Guttormsen Loaded Pockets

Is it only me that think FRN handles look like cheap ugly plastic? How are they in hand? I love micarta for how it feels in hand, but not many Spydies with micarta

Patrick87 likes this.
  8. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

It really depends on if you have use cases in mind, or just collecting, or both. Other great home-run Spyderco knives: Dragonfly 2, Para Military 2, Delica/Endura, Roadie or Pingo if you want a non-locker, Manix, Native, Caly 3/3.5/Jr., Chaparral, Gayle Bradley. Other popular models that are a little more "acquired taste" for some(but no less great): Military, Techno, Stretch, Southard Flipper. I'd also look into the new Mantra and Mantra 2, as well as all the new models.

Patrick87, Bohawg and Todd C. like this.
  9. Todd C.

Todd C. Loaded Pockets

This is precisely the reason I am leaning towards the Sage 1. I just got through handling a co-workers delica 4 Wave, and its a dang good knife, but for 35 dollars more I could have the sage which has the carbon fiber handles.

Patrick87 likes this.
  10. Todd C.

Todd C. Loaded Pockets

My first spyderco purchase was the PM 2 and I couldn't be more happy with it. I really dont even NEED another edc blade at the moment, but the "bug" has bit me and I just want to have something coming to me in the mail. In regards to use vs. collecting, you are spot on. It's both. When out fishing/hunting etc. I always have my Mora Bushcraft, and my Emerson cqc 6. The spydercos most likely will not see hard use very often. More often than not, they will be used at work for packaging, cordage, etc. Even more so they will be shown off to the coworkers in order to make them envious and spend more money on knives so I wont feel so crazy! I have read alot of great things about the Dragonfly 2, butit just seems a tad small for my taste. Everything's bigger in Texas..

Patrick87 likes this.
  11. pumpmaster

pumpmaster Loaded Pockets

Sage 1 doesn't have "real" carbon fiber handles, they're a sort of CF laminate over G10 I believe. For what it's worth though, the Sage 1 and PM2 are 2 of my all time favourites. Both fit the hand just right and can be opened and closed one handed better than many other popular edc knives in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Patrick87 and Todd C. like this.
  12. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

enough chit chat guys...more pictures :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. Wydern

Wydern Loaded Pockets

14. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

15. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

16. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

17. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

18. Cain'O

Cain'O Loaded Pockets

I have been waiting a long time for this little number.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Moshe ben David

Moshe ben David Loaded Pockets

If you're doing much work with cordage, you maybe should also consider some of Spyderco's really great serrated edge knives. I'm particularly happy with the Tasman H1 Salt, which is totally rust proof and with a hawkbill blade really slices through fibrous materials like they were butter.... It does however have the FRN handles. There are other models to look at also; even perhaps a 'rescue' knife for slicing through fibrous materials -- these are SE blades.

Welcome aboard! Don't mind all of us -- we LOVE helping someone spend their money!

Moshe ben David

20. dplafoll

dplafoll Loaded Pockets

I agree with all of this too. My apologies Todd C., I don't have a need for a serrated edge so I tend to forget about them. Cutting rope and such is probably the one thing that would get me to buy a SpyderEdge.