1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Spyderco Fan Club & Picture Thread, Part 2.

Discussion in 'Knives' started by cowsmilk, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Cmath

Cmath Loaded Pockets

Got my pm2 in today. A sprint run with s35vn blade. Really digging it! Tomorrow my manix 2 black/black arrives. I've got a question about spyderco warranty-how good is it? Will they cover broken blades/broken locks?

Patrick87 and camporama like this.
  2. camporama

camporama Loaded Pockets

Spyderco will NOT cover broken blades. If something fails on you, just send it in, they'll take care of you. Also, disassembly will void the warranty.

Patrick87 likes this.
  3. Cmath

Cmath Loaded Pockets

Thanks. That's what I was assuming. I'm not very fermiliar with their warranty, as I am with say-Benchmade. They'll cover just about anything. But I have no reason to believe that I'll experience failure with my spyerco blades.

Patrick87 likes this.
  4. 017

017 Loaded Pockets

That's the brown colour, correct? How is it in person? I've seen pictures of it varying dramatically, from a dark rich brown, to one that's almost washed out and light sand in appearance (which would be my preference). I assume ambient lighting causes the colour to vary a lot, or its variations between different production batches (which I doubt).

I'm already planning my next PM2 purchase, and I'm torn between the brown S35VN (which seems to have been available for at least the last few years - slow seller or just constant new batches?) and the regular S110V translucent purple. However, if another forest green-ish exclusive/sprint comes up (probably unlikely, since there's already been a fair few), and from a dealer I'd be comfortable buying from, I'd be all over that.

Patrick87 likes this.
  5. aliaspostmortem

aliaspostmortem Loaded Pockets

"A Real Lemon"

[​IMG]

No, nor the knife neither the fruit is a lemon! :)

So fond of HAP40 that I got a DF 2 on its way!

/ J

6. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

7. Cmath

Cmath Loaded Pockets

Yea, it's the brown color- it's really nice in person, and the lighting does make it appear different shades of brown. It's more of a light fde, rather then brown. It gives it a nice contrast to the blade finish. I can try and snap a picture of it in comparison to my fde Glock19 to show you the color similarities.

Patrick87 likes this.
  8. 017

017 Loaded Pockets

That would be greatly appreciated if you could do that.

Patrick87 likes this.
  9. 017

017 Loaded Pockets

So, the Spyderco bug has bitten me hard. I only just received my Paramilitary 2, and now I'm about to buy another. Yet again, I need the good people of the EDC to guide me. As already mentioned, I'm undecided between the S35VN brown sprint model, and the blurple S110V. Collectability and rarity might be a factor in my purchasing decision, but won't be the only one.

As such, it appears the S35VN might be the way to go, purely because it's a sprint and not a standard production model. However, it seems they're easy to get a hold of brand new, and have been around for a few years already. Are they just not in demand? Or do they sell out and the distributor keeps ordering new batches?

Then, there's the S110V. The steel is significantly different enough to differentiate it from the my S30V model. It's also a standard production model, so it should be reasonably easy enough to get a hold of at a later date. I'm also not sure what to think of the blurple. Some times I like it, then others I dislike it.

The S110V also seems to be selling out way faster than the brown sprint. The retailer I'm going to be buying from has sold about 15 of them, compared to zero of the sprint over the last week or so I've been monitoring their stock.

I suppose in the end, the sprint's brown scales aren't my favorite, and the steel isn't different enough to S30V to make a compelling case to go with it; collectability and rarity be damned. So that leaves me leaning ever so slightly towards S110V...

Make your case to sway me!

10. farnorthdan
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner

farnorthdan Loaded Pockets

The Moteng S35VN Exclusive PM2 is a great piece, I like the brown scales and S35VN is a good steal, The S110V is in my opinion the best production PM2 produced to date. S110V is simply fantastic, gets and comes sharper than most steals and holds a sharp working edge for an unreal amount of time. Mine from the box was perfect, centered, hair popping sharp, perfect detent and pivot tension. PM2's are very addictive, I say get both, you probably will eventually anyways.

Patrick87, camporama and Bohawg like this.
  11. HeadedToTexas

HeadedToTexas Loaded Pockets

Take the blurple scales out into the sunlight. It really brings out the color depth. I love the mysterious area it occupies between blue and purple.

12. 017

017 Loaded Pockets

Thanks guys. My order is in...

camporama and Patrick87 like this.
  13. Cmath

Cmath Loaded Pockets

14. LSMS

LSMS Loaded Pockets

That is a great looking combo

hawkeye-, Patrick87 and camporama like this.
  15. Jramirez9083

Jramirez9083 Loaded Pockets

[​IMG]

A badly dyed salt 1; too bright so I'll try maybe olive green or tan next
    And what I think is a first generation dragonfly judging from the lack of jimping. Never heard of ats 55 before. Found it (ab)used with no clip, pitting on the blade, crusty innards, and no edge to speak of.
    Anyone knows of a clip I can get for it?

TKC, Patrick87, Water-Rat and 2 others like this.
  16. TheKojack
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

TheKojack Loaded Pockets

One of my grails! I finally got it today, BNIB.

[​IMG]

Patrick87, lucas760, Dombe and 5 others like this.
  17. 017

017 Loaded Pockets

Much appreciated.

hawkeye- and Patrick87 like this.
  18. Cmath

Cmath Loaded Pockets

No problem, and thank you. I really dig the brown and it matches pretty well. Enjoy your new pm2! I'd like to get one in s110v some day aswell. Along with a yojimbo 2 in the 110. I love the one I've got, but the scales on the 110 and fantastic.

Patrick87 likes this.
  19. gingerninja

gingerninja Loaded Pockets

Was in a salmon fishing competition yesterday. Had a bit of a crap day but the knife worked well :)

[​IMG]

20. 017

017 Loaded Pockets

I like the green as is.

Hagbard81, Patrick87 and Water-Rat like this.