1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Spoor Key Fob

Discussion in 'Keychain Tools' started by duginsky, May 2, 2012.

1. duginsky

duginsky Loaded Pockets

Does anyone have experience with this product, and if so, can you offer any feed back as far as the quality and benefit of it? Pricing the peanut lighter and Leatherman Squirt out separately, the price is about $50 for the fob...not including shipping on all counts. Thanks!

http://formfunctionform.com/shop/spoor-key-fob/

2. SAKplumber
    • In Omnia Paratus

SAKplumber EDC Junkie!!!!!

Neat. Sorry I can be of no help, but I did like the rather expensive architects wallet. Its not for me, but I like it.

3. summertime boss

summertime boss Loaded Pockets

Seems like this would actually make it more of a pain to deploy the Leatherman Squirt. Every time you need to use it, you'd have to first open the leather case and pull out the blade/tool you need before putting it back inside the case. Even if you carry a Leatherman in a case normally, this would still be twice as much work (and the Squirt is small enough that you likely don't carry it in a case anyway). Interesting that it is billed as a way to "reduce fatigue" when using the Leatherman. When was the last time you used your multitool until you were fatigued? I use my Leatherman in a pinch when I don't have the right tool available, but if it is a big job I get the right tool because it will be faster/safer/easier.

Sorry to be so negative about this. If you are into leather, it certainly looks nice. Also, I'm sure that it is pretty effective at keeping the Squirt and the Split Pea lighter from rattling in your pocket which would be nice. If you decide to go with it, I hope it works out for you.

TECENG likes this.
  4. kertap75

kertap75 EDC Junkie!!!!!

It doesn't HAVE to go back in the case to use it, it's just one more option. i really like the idea of this, like many have said already though, it's just priced a little too high.

5. duginsky

duginsky Loaded Pockets

Yes, the leather was appealing...but not sure I want to fork over that much. I also agree on the well-taken point on deploying the tool. I do like the idea of it keeping things from rattling around, but perhaps there is another option out there that would satisfy that. Thanks for the feedback thus far!

6. vermeire

vermeire Loaded Pockets

I'd consider making something if you don't want to fork out the funds. The hardest part, from the quick look I took, would be the snap.

7. vegassprky
    • GITD Manix 2XL Owner
    • In Omnia Paratus

vegassprky Loaded Circuits

Tandy Leater has snaps and the tool to install them with, fairly easy to do.

8. duginsky

duginsky Loaded Pockets

Oh man, I can see myself spiraling into leather craft! I will have to take a look at Tandy to see if there might be some options for what I have in mind...

9. RyanMalpiede

RyanMalpiede Loaded Pockets

Squirt $20-$25, Splitpee $10, Leather case $50????? Hmmm?!

10. duginsky

duginsky Loaded Pockets

My thoughts exactly...

11. aphid

aphid Loaded Pockets

As previously stated,I liked the concept of the Architect's Wallet more than this idea.That said, the leather looks high quality and the company seems to be very creative.

12. jag-engr
    • Administrator

jag-engr Semper Bufo!
    Staff Member

The architect's wallet is interesting. I think the idea definitely has merit, but I don't think they took the execution far enough.

It would work better as either a part of a larger wallet or as a stand-alone case. The way it is currently made, it has a limited appeal to a small group who can get by with just a couple of cards.