1. Please update your bookmarks to use https://www.edcforums.com/
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Spec-ops THE Wallet JR

Discussion in 'Gear Reviews' started by KG2V, Jul 27, 2007.

1. KG2V

KG2V Loaded Pockets

I JUST received a Spec-ops THE Wallet Jr, and I DON'T like it. For YEARS I've carried an OLD Eagle Creek (Pre Yuppie) Tri-Fold wallet (which, unfortunately they don't make anymore), when closed, it is the same height as the Spec-ops, but about 1" Narrower

That said, I tried to put what is in my old wallet in the Spec-ops, and before I got 2/3rds done, the wallet was full -

In short, Spec ops has made a wallet that is LARGER than my old wallet, and carries a LOT less

A BIG thumbs down from me - I wish I had not ripped the tag opening it - I'd return it

Review of Maxpedition FR-1 later tonight/tomorrow - initial impression - a TAD smaller than I figured, but looks good

2. WildEMT

WildEMT Loaded Pockets

I had some reservations regarding the size also. It is very well-made and cleverly-designed, but a bit thicker and stiffer than I want to carry.

If you really want to unload, post it up on the B/S/T with a decent price and it will be gone quickly. I sold mine there without any trouble.

Best of luck!

3. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

I just got the Spec-Ops T.H.E. wallet...the full size one. At first I wasn't too sure about it, but after a few days I have grown to appreciate it a bit more. I am disapointed that the credit card slots will not hold a standard sized "business card" but I have found I can use the windowed pocket on the outside for that. This wallet as well as the JR were made to fill a need for a non-velcro wallet, which tend to fail over time, as well as wake up the neighbourhood when you "rip" it open....or snaps and other "fasteners" which will fail over time....the big selling feature of the T.H.E. wallets is the "shark Bite" closure, which is IMHO a real innovative idea that really works!

4. pu1869

pu1869 Empty Pockets

I have had a Jr for about two weeks and I find it to work for my needs.

I was using two wallets before

1. with credit cards, ID and cash ( it was more like a coin purse) and
    2. the other was something I got from RETRO 51, it was leather and had a pen and a pad of paper.

The 2nd was used for business cards and credit cards I used for work.
    I was able to consolidate the two with no loss. The pen does not fit very well so I am going to get a Fisher Bullet.

Sorry it did not work out for you. I know what it is like to find the perfect wallet, it took me a year try THE JR

Good Luck on your quest. :luck:

5. joes

joes Empty Pockets

I just got the timbuk2 bi fold. I like it. My wife thinks I'm nuts. She bought me a burberry and I haven't used it. Hard to keep the toollogic in it.

joes

6. KG2V

KG2V Loaded Pockets

Yeah - as soon as I have the time - too many major family issues right now - going to the post office to mail it will take more free time than I have

7. RacerX

RacerX Loaded Pockets

I love my fullsize THE, even though it killed my Swiss Army toolcard

8. celler

celler Loaded Pockets

That outside clear pocket sure works well at airport security. No more taking your licence out and losing it. And no more advertising what is in your wallet when you open it up to get your ID. I've had one of these for over two years and it has really has stood up well.

Craig.

9. LZ

LZ Loaded Pockets

Took a short trip to the US today to pick up some goodies... :evilgrin:

Used my full size T.H.E. wallet...I have or have had most of the MaxPed wallets..most are too big or WAAAY too small...
    my T.H.E. wallet is just right...even holds my passport in the billfold part, and is just the right size when the wallet is all folded up...

Like I said earlier, my only disapointment is that it won't hold business cards in the CC slots...

10. ppfd

ppfd Loaded Pockets

Had both, carried the Jr. for about a year. Found the large was too big, and the Jr. after awhile was a little too big as well. I sold it here with no problem. I figure you could move a new wallet pretty easy as well.

11. luigi

luigi Loaded Pockets

I have a JR and it's the only wallet that hasn't been destroyed by me so it's a keeper. Very strong and the shark-bite closure works very well and doesn't make noise.

Luigi

12. gailt

gailt Loaded Pockets

mine performed fine until I left it on a table on the deck and the neighbors dog got it and chewed it up pretty good.I'll have to get another and a BB pistol for the dog.

13. SgtMike

SgtMike Empty Pockets

I have a coyote brown THE Wallet Jr. and love it. It holds everything I need securely, yet it keeps it all easy to reach. It keeps my work ID immediately viewable if necessary.

With a week or two's EDC, it's form fitted to my butt and very comfortable to carry...

M

14. Buffalohump

Buffalohump Loaded Pockets

I have been through MANY wallets over the years and Spec-OPs THE wallet is the best I've had to date...

I carry it in my Fatboy though, its a little large for jeans. They back-crackers will tell you DONT carry your wallet in your back pocket as it plays hell with your spine.

I'd like to see that Maxped review...

15. TCW 60

TCW 60 Loaded Pockets

Got one in OD it is a good wallet, but the German ID card do not fit. So it is useless for me. I bought it from private, so I can not send it back. :shrug:

16. darklight943

darklight943 Loaded Pockets

Sorry the SpecOps THE Wallet didn't work for you. I have had mine for well over a year now and it is a great wallet for me. I purchased it mainly for the clear outer window, where I placed my bus pass. Great for me when I was in school downtown using mass transit, just being able to flash my pass without opening it.

17. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

What size are German ID cards and how big is that ID slot? I've been eyeing THE Wallet Jr. for a while, but this is exactly what I've been concerned about. My Finnish ID card is 10.5 x 7.4 cm (4.1 x 2.9 inches), so I'm worried that it won't fit.

18. TCW 60

TCW 60 Loaded Pockets

German ID cards have exactly the same mesures. You can put the card in the inner section, but this option is not my choice, because it can slip outside.
    I made two pictures for you.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Valerian

Valerian Tea-powered admin

Danke schön! Good pics. Looks like I can put my mind at ease about it then and keep using my current wallet. Hey, this forum is actually saving me money, I must be doing something wrong. :laugh:

20. echo63

echo63 Loaded Pockets

i was going to make a new thread on this,
    i just got my the wallet Jr yesterday
    and i was wondering where in the wallet you guys tuck your bullet space pens - for those of you who carry them in your wallet
    thanks in advance