1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Spare Magazine

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Mudinyeri, Sep 1, 2017.

1. CL01

CL01 Loaded Pockets

I always carry an extra mag & have found it pretty easy to do so. I have a few mag pouches, but typically it's a single mag pouch carried on my weak side, usually behind my cell phone holder.

2. litework

litework Loaded Pockets

I typically carry a couple of magazines in my jacket pocket in the cooler months. In the warmer months my guns usually get smaller and so do the magazines; I put them in my bag if I'm carrying one or in my front left pocket. Same with speed loaders.

chaosmagnet likes this.
  3. neo71665

neo71665 Loaded Pockets

Shoulder rig, 2 spare mags under my right arm

4. TakeDeadAim

TakeDeadAim Loaded Pockets

I love my Glock 43 but have always wondered why people buy one then put a magazine in it that makes it the size of a Glock 19. Ive got the short mag in mine and a spare on the belt or the nifty pocket 5.11 saw fit to put on their pants.

5. PhrankKastle

PhrankKastle Loaded Pockets

When I switched to my Sig P365 I had a hell of a time finding a mag pouch as its to fat for a single mag pouch but too thin for a double mag pouch. I went with my leatherman sidekick pouch as it fits the 12 round mag perfectly so right side is my P365 and on my left side I have my leatherman pouch with spare mag and my Buck 110 sheath and my leatherman is in the cargo pocket of my Carhartt jeans. I have 2 additional 12 rounders in a maxpedition pocket organizer in the cargo box of my truck.

6. les snyder

les snyder Loaded Pockets

Take Dead... I have a G23 (as well as a G42, G34 and G17), but the G43 is for me a quantum leap smaller...the 124 +P Gold Dots chrono 1130 out of it, and it is very accurate... the TT +2 gives me good grip purchase in addition to the two extra shots .... I wear it close to 3:00 so it clears the seat belt, and the extension does not print too much... and is easily covered by my light fishing shirt used as a cover up... the G43 was originally purchased as a pocket pistol, and still can perform that duty in a Recluse two side cargo holster... the Tulster works very well for most daily activities... regards

Captdave13 and Mumbojumboo like this.
  7. litework

litework Loaded Pockets

Since this thread began, I started using magazine carriers for my two primary concealed guns and found that it’s pretty comfortable outside of the occasional audible clank I make when I whack the back or armrest of the chair I’ve decided to sit in. I have a Blade Tech two magazine holder for my 229 and I’m using a Safariland single magazine holder for my 27 when I need something smaller. Just bought a G22 magazine for it and will start using it as my spare once I check it for reliability.

HardToHandle likes this.
  8. DTWCA

DTWCA Loaded Pockets

JMCK AIWB mag carrier for G17 mag. It actually makes carrying a gun AIWB more comfortable (evens the pressure across my hips)

CDKJudoka likes this.
  9. SOS24
    • +2 Supporter

SOS24 Loaded Pockets

I carry a spare mag either iwb or between the belt and waistband, usually in a snake eater magazine carrier.

#49 SOS24, Jul 18, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  10. les snyder

since my previous posts, I've changed the carry mag on my G43 to a Pearce +1 with finger hook and added a Tulster mag carrier which holds the +2 Taran... it now has a set of Dawson tritium front, plain black rear sights

11. REDDEVIL

REDDEVIL EDC Junkie!!!

Definitely. Dale Fricke horizontal mag carrier at 1 o’clock

12. Tru7h

Tru7h Loaded Pockets

Nope. Main reason for carrying a spare mag is for jam clearing.

#1: carry quality ammo in a quality piece.
    #2: don't have terrible technique (PRACTICE, you can induce stovepipe jams by limp wrist firing).
    #3: all 3 common jams (no round in chamber, double feed, stovepipe) can be solved with the same magazine.

Yes, a spare mag would be nice, but I'm just only willing to carry so much. It would be a different story if I were in some hellhole where a firearm is a primary tool, not a deep fallback.

13. Versatek

Versatek Loaded Pockets

SmartCarry at 12:00 has mag pouch right next to pistol, M&P 9c or Shield 9, typically.
    Also one additional in edc bag.

14. cnutco

cnutco Loaded Pockets

[​IMG][​IMG]

My current extra mag carry consists of a NeoMag!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDKJudoka and twin63 like this.
  15. Bo-huntr

Bo-huntr Empty Pockets

I have a BlueLine kydex holster for my spare G27 mag. [​IMG]

twin63 likes this.
  16. CDKJudoka

CDKJudoka Loaded Pockets

NeoMag is my other form of spare mag carry. Still carry AIWB though.

cnutco likes this.
  17. cnutco

cnutco Loaded Pockets

Yes! Love NeoMag. Great system.

CDKJudoka likes this.
  18. les snyder

I don't have a posting host so no pic, but just a comment... my G43 mag carrier is a Tulster... I formed an old kydex belt loop from a 1911 magazine pouch to make a carrier for a Fenix E12 (single AA) light... a single CR123 like a Streamlight Pro Tac could also be formed without adding much bulk or space... I use a long BBQ butane lighter to heat the kydex in specific areas....it had the same hole spacing as the magazine tension unit, so just screwed it there using the OEM machine post screws... regards

Mumbojumboo likes this.
  19. tacos3

tacos3 Loaded Pockets

Remora mag pouch in left rear pocket.