1. Are you a current member with account or password issues?

Please visit following page for more information

Dismiss Notice

Soviet Vostok

Discussion in 'Watches' started by mwoj, Oct 30, 2013.

1. mwoj

mwoj Loaded Pockets

So I am looking to buy a Vostok, and I figured why not get a Soviet era one? Anyways, I came across this and was hoping to get some feedback. I'm aware that the 2409a movement was used in the 80's (?), but is the price right?

Sorry I can't post the link, but the watch is a Vostok Amphibia Type 020 case with the 2409a movement.

2. Froley

Froley Loaded Pockets

Watchuseek forums has a branch dealing with Soviet watches that is very large and informative...including pricing discussions....
    apparently one must be careful of parts watches that are being built up----and sold as originals---that site can for sure provide the answers you may be looking for......

3. Sarky

Sarky Loaded Pockets

One thing to look for is the writing at the bottom of the dial. IIRC the old/soviet ones say cccp, and the more recent ones say poccnn.

4. fresh eddie fresh
    • In Omnia Paratus

fresh eddie fresh Loaded Pockets

I bought an Amphibian for fun (after watching K19 and The Hunt for Red October I wanted one with a submarine on it.) I do not have the automatic one, and since I do not want to over-wind it it will last most of a day with a winding the way I wind it. The strap it came with is awful... I need to pick up a matching Zulu one for it.

Sort of a cool thing is that mine was engraved as a 50th birthday present to a guy who worked in a factory from the other people on his shift. Luckily I know someone who could read it.

A super fun watch, but I would not rely on mine to get me to meetings on time. It is pretty accurate, but towards the end of the day, it will run out of steam if I do not re-wind it.

5. gatorfan

gatorfan Loaded Pockets

Purchased a Vostok Radio Room dial Amphibia auto about a month ago. Keeps great time and looks fantastic. Fun watch!
    [​IMG]