Separate names with a comma.
Are you a current member with account or password issues?
Please visit following page for more information
Discussion in 'Travel' started by jeepsrjason, Feb 12, 2013.
Good to hear you're safe. Now I want to go there one time... So many places to see in the world...
Very cool! Stay safe!
Glad to hear you are doing well (sorry it's so cold!) and having fun. Can't wait to see/read more about your trip.
Be safe, brother!
Got some down time so I thought I'd check in. First, thanks for all the comments and warm happy thoughts!!! Love you guys! Second, no pix this update. I'm using my old iPod ouch on cruddy Internet. There is a pc at our hostel but it's been busy and there's a time limit. Anyway I'll try nd gEt pix up ASAP. Third, huge change in plans!!! Wife and I got sick of the cold and decided to splurge... We're in Columbia! Spent last week at the beach, playa boca grande, and now were in Santa Marta. Well be here in cumbria for a few more days then were off to Ecuador to finish our trip.
BTW, Machu Picchu was pretty kew! Got some good pix, some of my DFK Backpacker... Can't wait to posted!
Bad news... I made a total bone head move!!! I took my g shock off to get an accurate temperature reading and left it some where in the mountains! Dumb dumb dumb! I blame the high altitude!! worse news, wife wouldn't let me buy the same watch(too much $$) so I bought a regular Casio analog tough solar model. No big deal, ok watch, nice loud alarm. Well I still have it buuuut I forgot that deet melts plastic! Soo since the middle of the amazon its been a bit hard to to tell time! I keep beggi g to get another watch but SWMBO wants to teach me a lesson or something.
Okie dokie I guess that's all for now!
*note to self...don't forget to pick up my Casio Pathfinder when I decide to get an accurate temperature reading
Glad thats as bad as the news gets.
Good to hear from you, Jason! Sounds like a good plan change.
Keep working on her about the watch. Maybe by Christmas.....
Safe and fun travels, bro!
Lol, just sent you a pm. Ya, we've been pretty fortunate. My priorities are a bit skewed but I worry about my camera and my knives most... Then my wife! Ha ha ha juuust kidding.
Anyway I'm pretty sure I'll never buy a watch that you have to take off! Maybe!
Nawp, another part Of the problem is I scored a we Tawatec Titan the day before we left. It's waiting for me when I get home and I'm constantly reminded of it!
Well, in that case, it was a nice watch and it will be missed....
Great to hear from you Jason. Sounds like you're having a blast...
Did you have any issues with the altitude in Peru ?
Stay safe and keep us posted !
Glad to see you're doing well. I'm ready to see that DFK backpacker again!
Glad to hear everything is fine and there aren't any BIG problems beside loosing a watch...
Enjoy the rest of the trip down there
I've manage to leave all sorts of stuff behind, and since I usually travel through Central America via chicken buses, pick-up trucks or what ever else is going my way, I have always figured that my Tilley hat, several SAKs, sunglasses and so on wound up in the hands of someone who probably could use it lots more than me. That karma thing. Or whatever.
Glad to hear you're doing well, Jason!
Stay safe !
Enjoy your trip Jeepsr!
Hi, I'm from Colombia
just a few things:
1. COLOMBIA, with O. "Colombia" is derived from the last name of Christopher Columbus (Italian: Cristoforo Colombo; Spanish: Cristóbal Colón).
2. I think barlow666 gave the best advise. Safety first: just don't go to perilous places, that's the best way to keep yourself out of trouble. But please don't wear those Carhartt cargos, really nobody wears those things (in a city) you'll be screaming "I'm a tourists!" same with the money belt - if you want to protect you passport keep it in a neck wallet that doesn't look too bulky under your t-shirt and keep your money in diferent and several pockets-. Regarding the fixed and/or folding blades, don't carry them; here in Bogotá any kind of weapon is forbidden. If you want to carry a blade, carry a SAK. And if you want to protect yourself carry pepper spray, it's legal.
3. I don't know if you are still in Colombia but the weather here if funny, you never know what you are gonna get, so always have an umbrella with you. These months are more dry than average, August is specially windy.
4. Carry water and sun screen.
5. I think this applies to every restaurant in South America. The key to recognize a good and cheap ($3-6 USD) restaurant is to see how many people are in at lunch time, more is better, that way you can bet they use fresh ingredients. These restaurants are usually near workplaces (offices) and universities. For what you pay you get soup, meat, rice, salad, "tajadas de plátano" or potatoes or frensh fries or yucca (Carbohydrates), and a small glass of juice. [I think you already know this stuff]
I think you know everything else, have fun and stay safe.
Have an awesome trip! I spent my formative years in Ecuador. Quito to be specific. Spent a lot of time out in the bush, so to speak. Have hiked Pichincha, Cotopaxi, Chimborazo, Antisana, and several others. Make sure you check out a place called Otovalo while you're there.
Please take lots of pictures, and share them with us when you get back.
Awesome!. Marked so I can reference it easily.
Wow great travel! I hope my pics about Colombia made you change your trip plan, did you go to Tayrona National Park?
How did you like Colombia? well I hope you had a good experience here in my Country, It is a shame I didnt read this before so I could invite you to my city (next to Santa Marta) or give you some advice about great beaches in the Coast.
Hey all! I'm home! Thanks again for all the well wishes, luck, good vibes and prayers!! I hope everybody is well!!!!
First, unfortunately the Wife is in Canada visiting the fam an she has the camera sooo I can't upload the most recent pix. BUT... I have about 400 on FB I haven't posted here yet sooo over the next few hours they'll be put up.
Second, I know Colombia is spelled with an "O"! I hope I didn't upset anyone!!! I blame all the beer and auto-correct!
K, bare with me while I get these pix up!